MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN I
GANNETT PUBLISHING SERVICES
We are offering $25 to $30 per hour based on experience
The Maintenance Technician performs mechanical and electrical maintenance to maintain, diagnose and repair specified production equipment and systems. Must be willing to work in a high-speed environment, supporting production and timelines. Candidate must be a self-starter with basic computer skills, their own tools, and a desire to learn and grow. Equipment specific training will be provided.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work as part of a team to achieve and maintain on-time production performance, including product quality and accuracy standards and operational safety including OSHA & EPA compliance.
Perform following functions:
· Schedule and perform mechanical & electrical maintenance, diagnostics, and repairs on all designated equipment:
· Assist supervisors and contract service providers.
· Inspect all repairs and modification projects.
· Contribute to staff training and development.
· Maintain a clean safe work environment.
· Work as a team member in following up on ongoing projects and repairs.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
· Assist in leading safety compliance within the department including accident investigations and follow up.
· Complete required annual OSHA. safety training programs: Lockout/Tag-out, Hazardous Communications, Personal Protective Equipment, Hearing Conservation, Blood Borne Pathogens, Forklift, etc….
· Ensure all machine safety-guards are installed, functioning properly and in use.
· Immediately report any potential safety hazards, operational concerns, and all accidents/injuries and near misses to production management.
· Provide timely & accurate information to management.
· Immediately report equipment or product issues to production management.
· Communicate scheduling needs to supervisors and/or production management.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· High school diploma or GED equivalent.
· Working knowledge of basic mechanical and electrical skills
· Minimum five years related experience in electrical and mechanical maintenance, diagnostics, and repair.
· English language fluency: Speaking, reading, and writing.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Proven excellent time management skills working in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
· Physical demands commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job: pushing, pulling, climbing, reaching, stretching, and working in tight positions.
· Must have the physical ability and coordination to remove and replace parts from machinery. To be functional within position person should be able to lift at least 50lbs.
· Must have visual acuity at short distance to examine form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
· Work in conditions of: Heat, humidity, working in tight areas, noise (from production machinery) and working with various oils, solvents, and other related chemicals.
· Must have working knowledge of basic mechanical fundamentals.
· Must be flexible: Able to work overtime and Nights, Saturdays/Sundays when needed.