- This position is responsible for the directing the work of maintenance technicians, identifying parts needed for upcoming work and inventory, and scheduling the workflow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Spends up to 50% of work time providing guidance to others in the maintenance group including troubleshooting guidance and directing repairs.
- Work alongside production leadership to assist operations teammates in maintaining machine efficiencies.
- Lead team in upholding Oil-Dri safety standards, policies and procedures.
- Maintain highest level of maintenance skills to ensure MTTR meets or exceeds department goals.
- Confirm that team’s quality of work is performed at the highest level on every job to ensure that that MTBF meets or exceeds department goals.
- Work with the planner/scheduler to assure all parts used in the processing maintenance functions are ordered and inventoried.
- Repair and maintain production and clay processing machinery including but not limited to; automated filler, drop packers, high speed sewing machines, scales and material metering devices, multiple types of conveying systems, rotary kiln, crushers and disintegrators, roller mills, screeners, high rate liquid pumps, robotic palletizers, etc.
- Responsible for installation of improvements/modifications and managing the workflow in the department during the development stage
- Ensure work quality of maintenance team is acceptable to Oil Dri standards.
- Responsible for the coordination of preventive/predictive maintenance work as well as performing the work.
- Ensure the productivity of direct reports in the department
- Coordinate with the other departments work and PM’s
- Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Must act in accordance with WE CARE.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Other actions as needed to satisfy company goals, process, and must be able to work independently with limited supervision.
- Must follow all safe work practices and maintain a clean safe work environment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Pass written and hands-on assessments.
- Must demonstrate basic computer literacy.
- Must have working knowledge of basic hand tools, shop tools and multi-meter.
- Must be able to read, comprehend, and act on product specifications, SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures), PWI (Process Work Instructions), and similar documents.
- Education and or Experience: High School Diploma and 5 – 7 years’ in maintenance field with leadership experience preferred.
- Must demonstrate high and low voltage electrical knowledge, mechanical background, knowledge and ability to read and understand electric schematics, blueprints, and basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Must have flexibility to work occasional weekends.
- Must be able to function in the required role while wearing appropriate PPE including, but not limited to; Safety glasses, hearing protection, hard hat, dust mask, safety toe shoes, protective coveralls, and other as may be required by a hot/cold, dusty, loud industrial environment.
- Must be able to stand for the duration of the shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and assist with lifting heavier weight.
- Bending, reaching, twisting, stooping, walking, and climbing stairways and ladders frequently.
- Must be able to climb and work at heights greater than 100 feet or greater.
- Physical endurance to withstand operation of geared equipment and to withstand heavy physical labor required of position.
- Must be able to hear radio communications.