We begin with dreams. Dreams drive our motivation. Dreams are our future. The world's dreams, people's dreams, our dreams. Our passion creates ideas that make dreams come alive. Technology and products that were only dreams become reality.
All for dreams. Dreams challenge and the Nidec-Group will continue to meet the challenge. For the world's and people's tomorrows; the world's first, the world's best technologies and products; we will continue our part in creating a better society.
Job SummaryThe Plant Maintenance Manager, with a strategic focus, directs and manages the plant maintenance staff, programs and processes, in order to ensure a safe, timely, and efficient operation of all plant machinery and equipment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures that periodic and preventive maintenance are appropriately scheduled and accomplished, and that emergency troubleshooting and maintenance support are readily available as needed
- Maintain industry standards on inspection frequencies, installation standards, OSHA/ANSI compliance, etc
- Use of CMMS in understanding department performance, equipment reliability, and preventative maintenance.
- Manage the effectiveness of the spare parts inventory to ensure maximum parts availability and usage accountability, while minimizing inventory values
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing the maintenance budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions
- Conducts performance reviews establishing clear expectations and performance standards while identifying training needs and development opportunities
- Implement actions and projects necessary to achieve efficiency objectives. Continually improve individual efficiency for employees in areas of responsibility. Develop a training program to improve abilities and skills of direct reports to include cross-training for better coverage & employee utilization
- Support plant 3Q6S objectives by playing a key contributing role in projects, Kaizens, and training events within areas of responsibilities
- Responsible and accountable for the items assigned on the Daily Management Systems Tracking board
- Maintain strong presence and involvement with personnel in areas of responsibility
COMPETENCIES/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Building Trust
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Thinking Creatively
- ISO 9000 Compliance
- OSHA, NEC, EPA & Fire Code Requirements
- CMMS Performance indicators
- Preventative Maintenance
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Ability to work in a Team oriented setting
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience in preventive and predictive maintenance
- Electric Motor experience
- 10 years or more experience in manufacturing
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field with at least 3 years of progressively responsible maintenance experience. Experience must include a minimum of 2 years Leadership/Supervisory experience
- Strong leadership skills, which include ability to assess performance, administer personnel policies and develop personnel
- Demonstrated experience implementing Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS) systems and Preventive and Predictive Maintenance programs
- Knowledge of mechanical technologies, electrical/electronic technologies as they relate to manufacturing equipment applications
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects and direct technical personnel
- Demonstrated understanding of business concepts including project costing, forecasting and budgeting
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Requires sitting
· Requires telephone conversations
· Requires use of electronic mail
· Requires writing letters and memos
· Requires face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams
· Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable
· Requires making decisions that impact the results of co-workers, clients or the company
· Requires work with external customers or the public
- Requires being exact or highly accurate
· Requires making decisions that affect other people, the financial resources, and/or the image and reputation of the organization
· Requires meeting strict deadlines
· Requires work with others in a group or team
· Requires coordinating or leading others in accomplishing work activities
· Includes responsibility for work outcomes and results
· Requires wearing common protective or safety equipment
· Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions
This position description is meant to describe the typical kinds of duties or difficulty level that may be required of positions with this title. The use of a particular expression shall not limit or exclude other duties or difficulty levels not mentioned. This position description is not meant to limit or modify Nidec’s right to assign, direct or control the work assigned to this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at Nidec
Nidec is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All
qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, genetic information, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Additional Job Details
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at Nidec
Nidec is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, genetic information, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following website: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Nidec will not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to Nidec job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Nidec Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Nidec Talent Acquisition team.