- Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, or designee, the journeyman mechanic, where applicable, will install, maintain, test, troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair an array of industrial mechanical equipment.
- Conducts all work in a safe, efficient manner, correcting and reporting safety issues.
- Inspect work areas and complete work area exams forms as necessary.
- Inspect mobile equipment and complete checklist.
- Install, Program, Maintain, Test, Troubleshoot, Diagnose, and Repair Motors and Motor Control Circuits, including Variable Frequency Drives
- Install, Program, Maintain, Test, troubleshoot, Diagnose, and Repair AC (up to 480 Vac) and DC Electrical and Control Systems
- Install, Program, Maintain, Test, Troubleshoot, Diagnose, and Repair Electrical Components (i.e. Switches, Fuses, Circuit Breakers, Transformers, etc.)
- Install, Program, Maintain, Test, Troubleshoot, Diagnose, and Repair plant machinery, equipment, and components
- Use common electrical test equipment on live circuits
- Use Mechanical schematics, blueprints, and manuals
- Perform and document preventative maintenance
- Enter and complete work orders
- Document repair procedures and parts used from inventory and maintain accurate inventory of tools and equipment
- Inspect and test equipment for operation and safety
- Maintain Knowledge of the appropriate electrical code and of pertinent city or state inspection and safety requirements
- Perform arc welding, acetylene brazing, cutting torch, routine layout and other duties as needed
- Perform plumbing, pipe fitting, and related work in installing, repairing or re-routing water, sewage, air and gas pipes
- Keeps areas clean and free of clutter
- Coordinate work with plant maintenance personnel
- Perform duties with minimal direct supervision
- Available for on-call duty
- Perform other duties as assigned
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Must act in accordance with WE CARE.
- Participates in improvement activities.
- Other actions as needed to satisfy company goals, process, and procedures and to uphold values inherent to Oil-Dri.
- Welding certification is required.
- Pass the pre-employment skills assessments, Written/Hands-On Electrical Test, Written/Hands-On Mechanical Test
- Must be able to read, comprehend, and act on SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures), PWI’s (Process Work Instructions), AIQ processes, and similar documents.
- High-School Diploma or Equivalent
- Two-Year Technical Degree or Four-Years of Mechanical and Electrical Experience preferred. Completion of 2 year technical degree will be required.
- Must be able to function in the required role while wearing appropriate PPE including, but not limited to: Safety glasses, hearing protection, hard hat, dust mask, protective coveralls, and other as may be required by a hot/cold, dusty, loud industrial environment.
- Must be able to stand for the duration of the shift.
- Must be able to frequently carry up to 50 pounds.
- Bending, reaching, twisting, stooping, walking, climbing stairways and ladders frequently.
- Must be able to work at heights of 100 feet or greater.
- Must be able to hear radio and telephone communications