Principal Duties and Accountabilities (*Essential Functions)
- Works in a safe and orderly manner at all times. Obeys plant, department and area rules and regulations and proactively encourages other team members to do so.
- Obtains, maintains and wears or uses all necessary safety equipment as directed by work instructions or area supervisor.
- Attends shift, department and plant meetings in a timely manner as directed by supervisor.
- Operates, monitors and adjusts as required equipment including, but not limited to; drill presses, lathes, milling machines and surface grinders.
- Performs basic welding and brazing as required to fabricate, modify and repair equipment, parts and components.
- Maintains process integrity with proper documentation and observance of process records
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area at all times.
- High School diploma, G.E.D. certificate or recognized equivalent.
- Ability to speak, read and write in the English language sufficient enough to perform the following:
- Communicate effectively with other team members and supervision
- Read and comprehend process instructions
- Record pertinent process information as required
- Ability to read and interpret analog and digital gauges
- Ability to read and interpret complex blueprints and CAD/CAM drawings
- Ability to read and interpret written standards from equipment manufacturers
- Technical understanding of fasteners, bearings, seals, and lubricants including their use, function, tolerances, removal and installation procedures as applicable.
- Technical understanding of metals types, including identification and usage.
- Minimum 4 years of verifiable experience in a position with similar duties and responsibilities OR
- A recognized certificate of training or diploma in a course of study or apprenticeship program AND 1 year of verifiable experience in a position with similar duties and responsibilities.
- Must satisfactorily pass a written comprehension test and mechanical aptitude evaluation.
Must own and maintain a complimentary set of hand tools sufficient to perform all duties presently required and must be willing to obtain replacement/additional hand tools as required. Employer will supply and maintain any required tooling deemed as 'special' or of extremely limited use.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, gear discounts and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Our Postings are not intended for distribution to or use in any jurisdiction, country or territory where such distribution or use would violate local law or would subject us to any regulations in another jurisdiction, country or territory. We reserve the right to limit our Postings in any jurisdiction, country or territory.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled