The program is designed to provide the basic skills and knowledge essential for maintenance employees. At the conclusion of the program, the employee will have completed the requirements for an Associate’s degree in Industrial Technology anddemonstrated on-the-job training experience.
- Tuition, books, and fees covered by Steel Dynamics.
- Hourly wages paid for both work and classroom hours.
- The apprenticeship program will combine on-the-job training and academic instruction.
- Steel Dynamics has partnered with East Mississippi Community College-Columbus, MS to create two, 2-year apprenticeship tracks: 1)Industrial Technology-Electrical; and 2) Industrial Technology-Mechanical
- The timeframe to complete the classroom portion of the training is two years. Potential scheduling will be three classroom days per week and two on-the-job training days per week in the mill.
- The apprentice will work alongside a designated “mentor” in their respective discipline during their on-the-job training days.
- Graduates of the program will move into a technical role at the pay rate for a mechanical or electrical technician positon, ultimately filling a rotating shift position
- Candidate must have demonstrated mechanical or electrical aptitude.
- Be safety-minded, possess a strong work ethic, positive attitude, eagerness to learn, be self-motivated, and hardworking.
- Complete a battery of assessments, provide letters of recommendation from current Steel Dynamics’ supervisor and manager and, if selected, participate in the interview process.
- Ability to participate in the program in the Columbus, Mississippi area.
- Minimum GPA 3.0 (required)
Steel Dynamics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.