At Broadridge, we've built a culture where the highest goal is to empower others to accomplish more. If you’re passionate about developing your career, while helping others along the way, come join the Broadridge team.
Maintain and enhance existing mission critical Mainframe Network Systems infrastructure. This includes TCP/IP, VTAM/SNA, Websphere MQ, Connect Direct (NDM) and other related technologies.
Support thriving advanced systems environment in an MVS sysplex. Install, customize and maintain products and related ISV software. Provide performance analysis and real time problem determination in 24x7 business critical environments. Assist application development groups to leverage and exploit Network features and functions; provide debugging assistance and technical guidance in the disciplines listed.
1. Configure & maintain Network software & configuration changes across 8 Production LPARS.
2. Customize & maintain IBM and ISV software products that run within or pertain to the Network Systems software.
3. Provide real time and 7x24 problem determination support for all business applications that rely on Network Systems software. Analyze traces, dumps, traps and logs, and work with IBM and ISV technical support, as well as application development groups to resolve problems as quickly as possible.
4. Apply performance management tools and techniques to ensure optimal response times in high volume transaction applications. Monitor and maintain efficient use of all system resources to control costs.
5. Support our comprehensive Disaster Recovery Program across a GDPS, Geographically Sisperse Parallel Sysplex.
6. Effectively use change, incident and problem management tools in accordance with data center standards and practices. Attend and effectively participate in related meetings.
1. Education: College degree in computer science; equivalent or related experience.
2. Experience: 3 -10 years experience with Network Systems Software, MQ, etc and IBM mainframe operating systems and network environments.
3. Skills: IBM mainframe systems programming skill set; Coding skills are highly desirable. Interpersonal and communication skills, adaptability and ability to learn from experience and independent study
4. Supervision: Initially close direction will be provided - shows initiative in return.