Nice-Pak Products, Inc. (NP) is the global developer, manufacturer and marketer of pre-moistened wipes for the consumer market, specializing in personal care, hygiene, household cleaning and disinfection products. We have several locations across the US and are looking for new Associates to join our team!
This is a 12 hour position, rotating shift 5:45 pm - 6 am.
This is a safety sensitive position. This position has the primary responsibility for supporting the daily production results for their assigned Value Stream. This includes meeting targeted objectives in the areas of safety, quality, service, OEE, waste, and continuous improvement.
ESSENTIAL KSA’S (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLSET AND ATTITUDE)
This position primarily interacts with other Machine Operators, but also requires interaction with all support departments including but not limited to Quality, Shipping & Logistics, Maintenance, and Human Resources.
- Tends machines and makes functional adjustments to target so that the product meets specifications and Quality attributes with assistance.
- Tends one or more machine(s) that performs converting or packaging functions such as splicing, converting, wrapping, lid application and palletizing of wet wipe products.
- Operates machine and performs necessary duties to meet manufacturing and quality targets at a minimum.
- Detects, records and reports defective materials and finished goods or questionable conditions to the Production Coordinator and Quality Assurance.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work environment per the prescribed safety and cGMP regulations.
- Follows Changeover checklist performing a changeover on the designated asset in the time constraints required with assistance.
- Must be familiar with basic machine operations in order to perform the tasks stated above and embrace training to be effective in Machine Operator role.
- Must be willing to accept and receive frequent feedback and assistance with regard to machine set-up and work functions.
- Must be able to adapt to the high performance work team culture and must interact effectively with other Machine Operators, customers, other teams, and leadership to ensure the success of everyone.
- Must flow to the work to provide the necessary help for others.
VSOP1 Certified – Performs the essential functions of a machine operator in addition to the following:
- Performs basic troubleshooting/problem solving issues with minimal assistance.
- Proactively identifies problems or continuous improvement opportunities without push from VSL.
- Demonstrates a high commitment to the team’s results and to the success of others by training on basic machine operator functions and job shadowing less skilled machine operators.
- Eligibility: Complete ninety day probation (if new hire), Training Documentation on asset completed along with On the Job Checklist and 15 Day Run form.
VSOP2 Certified – Performs the essential functions of a machine operator and VSOP1 in addition to the following:
- Performs prescribed preventative maintenance on machines as required per instructions.
- Proficiently performs machine set up and coaches others.
- Performs advanced troubleshooting.Eligibility: Training Documentation on asset completed along with On the Job Checklist and 15 Day Run form.
Eligibility: Training Documentation on asset completed along with On the Job Checklist and 15 Day Run form.
Subject Matter Trainer (SMT) – Performs the essential functions of a machine operator and VSOP1 or VSOP2 in addition to the following:
- Actively participates in training new associates through use of training binder, soft skills and ability to positively influence business directives.
- Uses soft skills and communication to positively influence business directives.
- Leads by example and actively supports in continuous improvement for KPI’s and 5S.
- Works with Process Trainer (s) to ensure current and correct VMS’s are on the floor in the VMS Binders as well as Training Binders.
- Maintains and sign-off on all Training Documentation (per GDP’s) until completion of training.
- Assist in 15-30-45 Day Progress Reports with Supervisor, Trainee and Process Trainer.
- Lead in the assigned SMT area with the Process Engineer group.
- Must be VSOP1 or above on the designated asset.
- Cannot have any active written warnings on file (excluding written attendance).
- Must have less than 8 attendance points at time of application.
- Must successfully complete 10 hours SMT training within 6 months of becoming an SMT.
The above responsibilities are intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list or statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
High School Diploma or equivalent
High school diploma or GED
Operator needs to be on requested asset for at least six months. Machine Operator experience preferred.
· Good communication skills
· Ability to train other Machine Operators while maintaining Self Esteem
· Ability to work in a team-focused environment
· Bending, standing, stooping, and walking for up to 12 hours per shift
· Lifting up to 10 lbs repetitively for up to 12 hours per shift
· Pushing and pulling 10-20 lbs over head
· Climbing a step stool (4 steps)
· Must be able to physically and visually navigate the production floor and assigned work areas in a safe manner, including areas of varying texture, temperature and line of sight.
No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions.