Shift options: Day, Evening, Nights
Pay range: $17.53-19.22
Principal Duties and Accountabilities (*Essential Functions)
- Works in a safe and orderly manner at all times. Obeys plant, department and area rules and regulations and proactively encourages other team members to do so.
- Obtains, maintains and wears or uses all necessary safety equipment as directed by work instructions or area supervisor.
- Attends shift, department and plant meetings in a timely manner as directed by supervisor.
- Tends one or more machines or processes in work area(s) as directed by area supervisor, including but not limited to:
- Conveying raw and semi-finished materials to and from machine(s) or work area(s)
- Loading raw materials into machine(s) or work surfaces
- Processing raw materials into semi-finished or finished material(s)
- Maintains process integrity with proper documentation and observance of process records
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area at all times
- May handle hazardous waste, including labeling, inspecting, storing and transferring.
- Hazardous Waste Management training must be completed within six months of entering the job and annually each year thereafter. All employees handling hazardous waste must work under direct supervision of a supervisor or other employee trained in hazardous waste management until the employee has received Hazardous Waste Management training.
*NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as dictated by the business needs and conditions. As an essential function of the job, good attendance is required. Overtime, including working extended shift hours and/or during scheduled days off, may be required.
Educational Skills and Experience
- High School diploma, G.E.D. certificate or recognized equivalent
- Ability to speak, read and write in the English language sufficient enough to perform the following:
- Communicate effectively with other team members and supervision
- Read and comprehend process instructions
- Record pertinent process information as required
- Must possess basic personal computer skills sufficient enough to navigate menus and select, open and print documents.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable challenged individuals to perform the essential functions provided this accommodation does not adversely affect other employees.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; extreme heat; explosives and vibration. Eye protection in the form of approved safety glasses with side shields or approved safety goggles is required. Approved steel-toe safety shoes are required. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; toxic or caustic chemicals and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and requires hearing protection to be worn in the work area.
- Vision correctable to 20/20 with normal depth perception and peripheral vision
- Ability to repeatedly lift and move up to 25 lbs. unaided
- Ability to push a loaded production buggy weighing as much as 1,500 lbs.
- Ability to stand or sit for up to 3 hours at a time
- Ability to occasionally kneel, crouch, bend or extend reach as required to perform tasks
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs
- Ability to grasp and feel small parts
Note: One or more of the Physical Demands may be waived to enable challenged individuals the opportunity of employment provided this accommodation does not adversely affect other employees.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Our Postings are not intended for distribution to or use in any jurisdiction, country or territory where such distribution or use would violate local law or would subject us to any regulations in another jurisdiction, country or territory. We reserve the right to limit our Postings in any jurisdiction, country or territory.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled