Machine Operator - Gear Cutting 2nd Shift Paragould, Arkansas
- Affordable Medical, Pharmacy, and Dental
- Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k Profit Trust Plan
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Growth Opportunities
- Competitive Pay
- Shift differential's
o 2nd Shift: 6% added to an hourly wage
o 3rd Shift: 8% added to an hourly wage
- Work from process sheets, blueprints, or other written/verbal instructions given by the supervisor to perform production tasks.
- Maneuver large, awkward, or heavy parts manually or with a crane.
- Setup, operate, and tend machines used to process components.
- Install align and lock dies, punches, blades, or other machine fixtures to assure safe operation of the machine.
- Maintain machine and work area in a clean and safe manner.
- Check and inspect operation against predetermined tolerances.
- Work in other areas or departments as assigned.
- Schedule: 2nd Shift, Monday - Friday, 2:00 PM - 10:00 PM.
What are we looking for?
We're looking for engaged individuals that are adaptable to a changing environment, take pleasure in learning and enjoy working with others.
- Average math skills, simple oral communication skills; ability to read and comprehend instructions written in English and complete simple logs and reports in English
- Ability to read a tape measure down to 1/16th
- Background in a manufacturing environment
- Prior experience in a fast-paced industrial setting is preferred
- Physically able to handle heavy items including lifting, pushing, pulling, and positioning components
- Work scheduled hours and comply with the company’s timekeeping policy and all other company policies
- Consistently stand for the entire shift
- Knowledge of basic machining practices and materials is a plus, as is general mechanical knowledge
- Ability to work with others and be a team player
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to report daily to the company’s Paragould, Arkansas plant to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified candidates with disabilities to perform the essential functions.