- As a Machine Operator, you'll set up and operate a machine that's running cheese for some of the biggest restaurants and retailers in the world. (If you’ve enjoyed a burger with cheese at your favorite restaurant, there’s a good chance you’ve enjoyed some of our delicious dairy.) Part of your role includes monitoring the equipment and performing many different quality checks to make sure we’re meeting customer requirements.
- Nothing's more important to us than the safety of our employees and our food. In fact, we've set the standard with a safety record that's one of the best in the entire industry. That's why you'll wear a hard hat, hair net, boots, safety glasses and other safety equipment (at no cost to you), and you'll be expected to follow good manufacturing practices to keep you and our food safe. It's all to help get you home to your loved ones the same way you arrived.
- Because customer needs change, so does our production schedule. If you're flexible to work some overtime (and earn extra cash in the process), this job could be a great job for you. We also need you to arrive on time to work and maintain a satisfactory attendance record.
- 12 hour rotating schedule.--
- Example of work week:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday one week.
Thursday, Friday, Saturday the next week.
- Day shift works 7am-7pm
- Night shift work 7pm-7am,--$1.50 night differential
- Overtime is available
- Training could be on days or nights, but positions are all night positions once qualified.
24 month top out $25.17
Night differential $1.50
This job may require you to:
- Frequently: Stand; walk; work in a cold, hot or wet environment; access different areas of the plant; lift or carry up to 50 pounds; lift and reach shoulder height and above
- Occasionally: Climb steps or ladders and work at heights; sit; bend, squat or twist
Primary - Essential Functions
Perform all process CP, CCP, QP, and CQP checks required for the position. Follow reaction plans for Food Safety, Food Quality and customer requirement deviations. Be able to identify and understand customer requirements and assist in assuring proper production operation.
- Must follow Good Manufacturing Practices and good housekeeping guidelines. Must follow safety guidelines, wear designated Personal Protective Equipment, and meet OSHA safety requirements.
- Must be able to identify and understand customer requirements.
- Perform manual labor tasks such as inspection, rework & sort operations as needed.
- Teamwork and compliance with plant policies and procedures.
- Utilize Process Excellence tools to improve plant performance and complete specific projects as directed by Department Team Leaders. Must be engaged to learn P.E. and SPS tools and support PE initiatives.
- Satisfactory attendance record. Must be willing to work weekends, off-shifts, OT as needed. Must be on-time to work.
- Must be able to work in other general labor positions in the Plant as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regular Attendance
Secondary - Non-Essential Functions
- Willing to perform duties assigned, manage multiple priorities.
- Interpersonal Relations
- Deductive Logic
- Dependable (good attendance to work and meetings)
- Goal Oriented
- Strong work ethic – willing to do what needs to be done in a timely manner even if it is outside of primary responsibilities
Interacting Relationship - Who you support and who supports you
- Interacts with team advisors, operators and other production workers. Requires good communication and writing skills, must work well with others along with being a team player.
Expectations / Standards / Training Requirements
- Complete tasks as assigned by leader and others according to expectations. Must possess basic math, counting, calculator and basic computer skills. Forklift driving skills may be necessary. Training can generally be completed in a 6-week period or less.
- Perform all process CP, CCP, QP, and CQP checks required for the position. Follow reaction plans for Food Safety, Food Quality and customer requirement deviations. Be able to identify and understand customer requirements and assist in assuring proper production operation.
- Stand up to 12 hours per day
- Walk up to 50 minutes per hour
- Sit up to 15 minutes per hour
- Work in cold, hot or wet environment up to 12 hours per day
- Lift/Carry up to 50 pounds up to 4 times per hour
- Bend/Squat/Twist up to 15 minutes per hour
- Lift up to 50# frequently
- Ability to lift and reach shoulder height and above repetitively frequently
- Ability to climb steps/ladders and work at heights occasionally
- Ability to quickly access different areas of the plant frequently
Eligible partners will receive:
- Get not one, but TWO retirement benefits. When you join our employee-owned company, you’ll be part of our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) from day one. That means in addition to an 8% 401(k) match into the ESOP, Schreiber will contribute an extra amount – about 10% of your earnings – toward your retirement every year. That’s a company contribution of around 18% in retirement savings annually!
- Earn bonus pay. You’ll have an opportunity to earn incentive pay twice a year when we meet our company goals.
- Earn $ for focusing on your health. Get up to $1,200 for your health savings account each year, plus get reimbursed for fitness membership, equipment or classes.
- Pursue development that’s relevant to your role, career goals and the company. Plus, we offer tuition reimbursement if you want to further your education to grow in your role at Schreiber.
- Get access to medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits starting day one. This includes an onsite nurse and mental health counselor.
- Give back to the community through your volunteer hours. For every hour you volunteer, you can earn $10 for the nonprofit of your choice. Schreiber also matches your charitable contributions up to $250 every year.
- Experience caring like you’ve never experienced it before. We have a program that’s completely organized by and for other partners who need extra help. It’s called Partners Helping Partners. We have hundreds of examples of partners organizing fundraisers to help out others going through a hard time.
Sound like a company you’d like to be a part of? Click Apply.
Need extra assistance with the application process? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 920-437-7601.
For positions that require any amount of travel: Valid driver's license, auto insurance (at least state minimum- more might be required), acceptable driving record per Schreiber Foods discretion, and vehicle that will ensure applicant can meet the travel necessities of the position are required.
Schreiber requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event, an applicant does not have current work authorization, Schreiber will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Want to be alerted of new openings? Sign in and click the Job Alerts button in the upper-right corner to create a job alert.