$3K sign-on bonus offered for new employees in this position.
Arcosa Specialty Materials is searching for a Machine Operator for our Carson City, NV plant. In this role you will support a positive safety culture within an aggregate environment that is regulated by MSHA safety standards. As a Machine Operator, you will a perform a variety of warehouse duties.
Arcosa Specialty Materials is a leading producer and distributor in the Western and Southwestern U.S. of lightweight and natural aggregates, including expanded shale and clay, crushed stone, sand and gravel, asphalt rock, and other products.
What You’ll Do:
• Comply with all industry safety rules, procedures and applicable government regulations.
• Perform equipment inspections.
• Warehouse duties, including forklift operation, loading materials and stacking pallets and/or assistance or operation of the Dish (Pan), Roller Mill, or Packaging machines in the manufacturing of prilled product for the fertilizer industry, including setting up, operating and cleaning machinery.
• Observe production and monitor equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation
• Clean and maintain equipment
• Complete work maintenance orders
• Record operational and production data accurately
• Collect and test samples of materials or products to ensure compliance with specifications; Transfer materials, supplies and product between work areas
• Communicate and work with other departments
• Attend scheduled departmental and safety meetings
What You’ll Need:
• Prompt, regular and predictable attendance
• The ability to stand, stoop, bend, lift, walk, climb stairs, ladders and catwalks up to 60 feet as required.
• The ability to work in varied outdoor environments (cold, hot, dry, dusty, rainy)
• Experience working in a warehouse, manufacturing, or similar environment
• Forklift experience preferred
• Loader experience helpful
• General understanding of good manufacturing practices, including machine set up and start up and ability to identify and resolve basic processing issues.
• Ability to properly use hand tools
• Basic math skills and use of calculator
• Not required but beneficial – knowledge of blending, fluid bed dryer operation, sieving and granulation processes
• Other duties as assigned