This opening is intended to be a Full time position.
- Inspect machines that come back off rent or come into the shop for service.
- Perform inspections utilizing the Cat Inspect app.
- Perform quality maintenance, diagnosis, inspections, and repairs.
- Perform responsibilities with minimum supervision in shop as needed.
- Complete all paperwork or electronic data entry in an accurate and timely manner, such as, time entry, service reports, delivery/return damage tickets, fuel usage reports, etc.
- Display the ability to learn and apply new knowledge through attendance at technical classes to advance technical capabilities.
- Communicate effectively with customers, other employees and supervisor.
- Comply with policies of safe driving and equipment use.
- Keep yard clean and the equipment well organized.
- Maintain and utilize work areas, tools and equipment to promote a clean and safe environment.
- Support, move and load equipment and vehicles safely.
- Work varying shifts and overtime as business needs arise.
- Assist other team members as needed.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Enable Cashman to achieve its objective of Safely Home. Everyone. Every Day.™ by promoting a positive safety culture and adhering to all company safety policies, procedures and practices.
- Report any unsafe acts or conditions.
- Deliver Cashman’s “Best Customer Experience” for all internal and external customers on a consistent basis.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Caterpillar service and maintenance procedures.
- Technical knowledge of key components and systems to be inspected on Caterpillar equipment.
- Trained and certified to operate equipment and a lift truck.
- Proficient computer technology skills, including ability to utilize company authorized software.
- Achieves customer satisfaction and profitability through quality maintenance, diagnosis, repair and percentage of reworks.
- Meet flat rate and/or estimated hours allocated for each job.
- Achieves customer satisfaction through prompt, efficient and effective communication.
- Applies technical knowledge through regular attendance at technical training classes.
- Effectively participates as part of team, leading and assisting where appropriate and requesting assistance when needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma, GED or trade school equivalent.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand materials commonly used in the product service and maintenance function (service and parts manuals, technical bulletins, and other related articles).
- Minimum of three (3) years of maintenance and repair experience with construction equipment.
- Must meet personal tooling requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional attitude and appearance consistent with position and responsibilities.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented, work with minimum supervision.
- Stand/walk 8 - 10 hours a day, and/or sit 1 - 2 hours a day.
- Occasionally/frequently lift 50 - 80 lbs.
- Must use hands for repetitive simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
- Must be able to occasionally bend, squat and climb, including the ability to ascend and descend ladders.
- Must use feet for repetitive movement when operating equipment controls.
- Must have agility and balance to safely climb on all machines.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Shop and outside environment with exposure to adverse weather conditions including heat, cold, wind, rain, dust, dirt and noise.
Valid Nevada driver’s license and acceptable driving record.