This opening is intended to be a Full time position.
- Perform installation, diagnosis, and maintenance on low-voltage CAT telematic and control products on earthmoving and construction support equipment.
- Perform responsibilities at customer job sites with minimum supervision and also in a Cashman yard as needed.
- Complete all paperwork or electronic data entry in an accurate and timely manner, such as, time entry, service reports, delivery/return parts documents, etc.
- Communicate effectively with customers, other employees, and supervisor.
- Comply with policies of safe driving and vehicle use. Ensure company vehicle is properly serviced and kept in safe operating condition.
- Maintain and utilize work areas, tools and equipment to promote a clean and safe environment.
- Work varying shifts and overtime as business needs arise.
- Assist other team members as needed.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Enable Cashman to achieve its objective of Safely Home. Everyone. Every Day.™ by promoting a positive safety culture and adhering to all company safety policies, procedures and practices.
- Report any unsafe acts or conditions.
- Deliver Cashman’s “Best Customer Experience” for all internal and external customers on a consistent basis.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Product knowledge of CAT parts, components, equipment and services offered by Cashman Equipment and competitors is helpful, but not a requirement.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with all co-workers, customers and the general public and to use good judgment in recognizing scope of authority.
- Computer hardware and software knowledge and experience.
- Effectively manage work orders and repairs so that customer satisfaction levels are achieved and maintained.
- Communicate professionally and courteously to both internal and external customers.
- Effectively participate as part of team, leading and assisting as appropriate and asking for assistance when necessary.
- Possess an excellent customer service attitude.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma, GED or trade school equivalent.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience with construction equipment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read & understand electrical schematics and mechanical drawings.
- Prefer experience in DC (Direct Current) low-voltage or electrical.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional appearance and demeanor consistent with position and responsibilities.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented with the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Stand/walk 1-4 hours a day. Sit 5-6 hours a day.
- Occasionally/frequently lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must use hands for repetitive simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
- Must be physically able to work around and on heavy equipment.
- Must be able to occasionally/frequently bend, squat and climb; including the ability to ascend and descend ladders.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Valid Nevada Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record.
- Travel and overnight stays, as required.
- Work independently, indoors and outdoors in various temperatures and weather environments.