This opening is intended to be a Full time position.
- Perform quality maintenance and inspections on all Caterpillar equipment and OEM products in the Cashman product line.
- Required to follow planned maintenance according to manufacturer’s operation and maintenance guide.
- Familiar with standard oil sampling practices in accordance with condition monitoring.
- Perform responsibilities at customer jobsite with minimum supervision and also in shop as needed.
- Complete all paperwork in an accurate and timely manner, such as, work orders, delivery/return damage tickets, fuel usage reports, etc.
- Display the ability to learn and apply new knowledge through attendance at technical classes to advance technical capabilities.
- Communicate effectively with customers, other employees and supervisor.
- Comply with policies of safe driving and vehicle use. Ensure company vehicle is properly serviced and kept in a safe operating condition.
- Keep yard clean and the equipment well organized.
- Maintain and utilize work areas, tools and equipment to promote a clean and safe environment.
- Support, move and load equipment and vehicles safely.
- Work varying shifts and overtime as business needs arise.
- Assist other team members as needed.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Enable Cashman to achieve its objective of Safely Home. Everyone. Every Day.™ by promoting a positive safety culture and adhering to all company safety policies, procedures and practices.
- Report any unsafe acts or conditions.
- Deliver Cashman’s “Best Customer Experience” for all internal and external customers on a consistent basis.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Certificate of technical training in job specific functions (i.e., engines, power train, hydraulics, fuel systems, etc.)
- Trained and certified to operate equipment and a lift truck.
- Proficient computer technology skills, including ability to utilize company authorized software.
- Achieves customer satisfaction and profitability through quality maintenance, diagnosis, repair and percentage of reworks.
- Meet flat rate and/or estimated hours allocated for each job or service call.
- Achieves customer satisfaction through prompt and efficient service calls and effective communication.
- Attend and apply technical knowledge at technical training classes.
- Maintain a good driving record and driving habits while operating company vehicles.
- Effectively participates as part of team, leading and assisting where appropriate and requesting assistance when needed.
- Achieves a customer focus by delivering high quality, cost effective service.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma, GED or trade school equivalent.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand materials commonly used in the product service and maintenance function (service and parts manuals, technical bulletins, and other related articles).
- Minimum of two (2) years of maintenance experience with construction equipment.
- Must have valid Nevada CDL class A.
- Must meet personal tooling requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional appearance and demeanor consistent with position and responsibilities.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented; work with minimum supervision.
- Stand/walk 1-4 hours in a day. Sit 5-6 hours in a day.
- Occasionally/frequently lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to occasionally/frequently bend, squat and climb; including the ability to ascend and descend ladders.
- Must use hands for repetitive simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Shop and outside environment with exposure to adverse weather conditions including heat, cold, wind, rain, dust and dirt.