Job Posting Title
Logistics and Manufacturing Apps Director, IT
The Logistics and Manufacturing IT Apps Director is a critical role in the company’s corporate information technology (IT) function and requires experience and expertise in leading both people and managers, the delivery processes, and technology to deliver Aristocrat’s logistics, manufacturing, and warehouse management applications. The ideal candidate will possess expert skills in warehouse management applications including warehouse automation tools, manufacturing execution systems including lean manufacturing concepts, transportation management systems and trade compliance solutions. This includes functional understanding of these types of applications along with the tactical and logistic aspects of systems delivery and software engineering project management.
The Logistics and Manufacturing IT Apps Director reports to the Vice President of Global Enterprise Application and is expected to develop and nurture client relationships with organizationally aligned business partners, project management staff, fellow IT Apps leadership, Infrastructure, and architecture leaders.
What You'll Do
- Identify the technology choices to enable a modern WMS, MES, TMS, and Trade Compliance environments that supports Aristocrat’s vision for Manufacturing of the Future.
- Implement quality throughout the data engineering process with key measures and dashboards in place
- Guide the IT organization in Aristocrat’s manufacturing transformation goals
- Identify suitable projects and initiatives, and guide these efforts through the ideation process and on to successful completion meeting budget, scope, and schedule expectations with quality outcomes
- Oversee projects and programs to ensure success in each of the project’s nine knowledge areas: Integration, budget, scope, schedule, quality, resources, communications, risk, and procurement
- Review and approve project documents (e.g., charter, project plan, risk register, risk plan, communications plan, etc.), and design and guide project activities (e.g., requirements gathering, reviews, project meetings, etc.)
- Exhibit fluency in Engineering methodologies (e.g., Agile, Scaled Agile, Lean / Six Sigma, Waterfall, etc.
- Conduct team meetings with stakeholders and project teams, and create transparency of delivery status, risks, and constraints
- Manage risk mitigation, remediation, and contingency strategies
- Guide and engage with project teams, business leaders and other executives
- Recruit, manage, and guide the Global Logistics and Manufacturing IT managers and staff
- Keep current on IT Applications best practices, and obtain or maintain related licenses and certifications in good standing
- Create a highly engaged technically exceptional engineering organization to support the business needs
- Manages the team and engineering processes for efficiency, effectiveness, and quality
- Accomplishes department goals by managing team, planning, and evaluating department activities, and developing growth opportunities
- Possess experience and capabilities in guiding programs and projects following best practice methodologies in a culturally appropriate approach to arrive at the desired end state
- Work closely with IT business partners to understand, interpret, and disseminate project requirements, and reassess the selected approach for best fit
- Run the design, development, and management the implementation of processes and procedures
- Drive operational excellence to improve performance, maximize value, reduce waste, increase efficiencies, reduce costs / errors / defects, and improve metrics of overall key performance
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in business administration, communications, computer science, project management, engineering, or related project management undergraduate course of study; an advanced degree is preferred
- Minimum of five years of guiding engineering or applications teams at a manager level or higher
- Minimum of three years of guiding Manufacturing and TMS delivery organization
- Minimum of eight years of experience of engineering in SAAS delivery projects
- Microsoft D365 experience a plus
- E2Open experience a plus
- Recent experience directly overseeing a staff of 10-20 engineers/BA’s/system admins/Data analysts
- Demonstrated success guiding innovation and deploying new technologies
- Demonstrated expertise in deploying a combination of WMS, TMS, MES and Trade Compliance applications
- Excellent communications skills – verbal and written
- Collaborative leader
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite
- Possess a high learning agility for the technical domain
- Possess a high emotional intelligence
- Willing to travel on project assignments, as needed (25%)
Aristocrat is a world leader in gaming content and technology, and a top-tier publisher of free-to-play mobile games. We deliver great performance for our B2B customers and bring joy to the lives of the millions of people who love to play our casino and mobile games. And while we focus on fun, we never forget our responsibilities. We strive to lead the way in responsible gameplay, and to lift the bar in company governance, employee wellbeing and sustainability. We’re a diverse business united by shared values and an inspiring mission to bring joy to life through the power of play.
We aim to create an environment where individual differences are valued, and all employees have the opportunity to realize their potential. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, cultural background, disability status or LGBTQ+ identity. We offer a range of flexible working options through all.flex, our flexible hybrid work model and invite you to have a conversation with us about flexible working. EEO M/F/D/V
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.