*This position may be hired as a Lighting Auditor or a Senior Lighting Auditor.
Bernhard’s core mission is delivering innovative engineering, construction, and energy solutions that empower our clients and promote a sustainable future. Bernhard is comprised of four divisions: Mechanical, Electrical, Engineering and Development, each with a distinct identity and service offerings. The intersection of our capabilities enables Bernhard to provide turnkey Energy-as-a-Service (“EaaS”) solutions to our clients. At the same time, our divisions continue working in the market sectors and communities that the Company has traditionally served. Bernhard’s vision is to be the leading EaaS provider in North America through delivery of excellent, high value service and innovative solutions for our clients.
Purpose and Essential Duties
The primary purpose of the Lighting Auditor is to perform lighting surveys on assigned projects under the supervision of a Lighting Auditor, Senior.
- Actively attend in-house and external training sessions to obtain knowledge in necessary technical areas related to lighting.
- Participate in industry organizations and attends events, meetings, and activities.
- Hold ethics in lighting design to the highest standard.
- Uphold Bernhard’s owner advocacy philosophy and organizational core values.
- Conduct site surveys to determine existing facility and lighting fixture conditions.
- Download and review all data collected during survey.
- Prepare excel documentation for existing facility conditions based on existing lighting fixture lamp types and controls evaluated on site.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position is Full Time and reports to the senior lighting auditor.
- Large amounts of travel by airplane to job sites and project meetings will be required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Travel should not exceed more than 50-60% of overall work time.
Required Education, Experience, and Qualifications
- 2 years’ experience in related or similar work. Bachelors’ degree in engineering or related field may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Required experience in Excel and Word.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in written format
- Ability to communicate effectively with facility managers and engineers.
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines while on survey.
- Ability to manage time effectively to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to use technology and apps for collecting data while on survey.
Preferred Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Lighting Certification (LC) from NCQLP.
- LEED Certification.
- Certified Lighting Efficiency Professional (CLEP).
- Certified Lighting Management Consultant (CLMC).
Physical/Work Environment Requirements
- Walking five to six miles per day for multiple days.
- Ability to sit in a desk for prolong amount of time when not on survey.
Bernhard is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities, and participate in the e-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
To staffing/placement agencies: We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and placement agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to an employee of Bernhard LLC or its operating companies) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and Bernhard, LLC (“Company”) and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with a requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of the Company, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
If you are an agency and would like to be considered for partnership with Bernhard, LLC please send your company’s information to [email protected]