- Set up and calibrate equipment.
- Conduct tests with appropriate NDT technique: Phased Array
- Interpret, evaluate and document results.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the method in which certified and capable of directing the work of trainees and Level I personnel.
- Must be familiar with the codes, standards and other contractual documents that control the method as utilized by the employer.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Obtain and analyze information skillfully.
- Edit and present numerical data effectively.
- Graduate of a specialized NDT technical program meeting SNT-TC1A for one or all of the following is required: PAUT
- Prior certification as an NDE Level II with one (1) year experience or prior certification as an NDE Level I technician with adequate field experience hours to certify to Level II per SNT-TC1A standards on all or one (1) of the following is required; Phased Array, QUPA preferred
- Rope access certification preferred. Ability to obtain required.
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Valid Driver’s License
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position;
- Problem Solving ~ Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Obtain and analyze information skillfully.
- Oral Communication ~ Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Written Communication ~ Edit and present numerical data effectively.
- Interpersonal Skills ~ maintain confidentiality.
- Planning / Organization ~ Prioritize and plan work activities using time efficiently.
- Adaptability ~ Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays and/or unexpected events.
- Dependability ~ consistently at work on time, follows instructions, respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Quality ~ demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness and monitor own work to ensure quality.
- Safety ~ actively promotes safety procedures; use all equipment and materials properly.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to frequently lift and carry 55 pounds.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Mistras Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
MISTRAS strives to provide a positive work environment that values excellence in safety and quality, free from discrimination and harassment. Every MISTRAS employee plays a part in our Company’s success and making this a great place to work. We are committed to a work place where all employees are free to raise issues, concerns and questions for the improvement of our operations and work environment. Safety is the overriding priority in everything we do; all duties critical to safety, quality, and environmental protection are carried out in compliance with all requirements and with personal accountability.
Note to Applicants:
Smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas of the Company unless designated smoking areas have been established by a particular location in accordance with applicable state and local law.
Note to Rhode Island Applicants: The company is subject to Chapters 29-38 of Title 28 of the General Laws of Rhode Island, and is therefore covered by the states worker's compensation law.
Initial ( if applicable) Massachusetts Applicants: I understand that it is unlawful in Massachusetts to require or administer a lie detector test as a condition of employment or continued employment. An employer who violates this law shall be subject to criminal penalties and civil liability.
Initial ( if applicable): Maryland Applicants: I UNDERSTAND THAT UNDER MARYLAND LAW, AN EMPLOYER MAY NOT REQUIRE OR DEMAND, AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT, PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYMENT OR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT, THAT ANY INDIVIDUAL SUBMIT TO OR TAKE A POLYGRAPH OR SIMILAR TEST. AN EMPLOYER WHO VIOLATES THIS LAW IS GUILTY OF A MISDEMEANOR AND SUBJECT TO A FINE NOT EXCEEDING $100.
Mistras Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.