The Lead Furniture Installer
is responsible for reviewing job plans to ensure projects are completed within customer's expectations and deadlines. They are responsible for the quality and timeliness of the work performed on the job. The lead is required to effectively and efficiently manage all resources assigned to a job/project and is accountable for the success and outcome of his or her actions. Job Functions:
Skills and Abilities:
- Supervises the delivery, staging, building of product, supervision of personnel, and completion of an installation. Keeps detailed records regarding all activities of the job and communicates information to customers, sales representatives, management and schedulers.
- Reviews installation job plans/folders to ensure proper paperwork and information is provided and accurate. Looks for potential problems and ensures all necessary tools, parts and equipment are available.
- Attends job meetings and interacts with various internal/external parties to achieve common goals and objectives.
- Assists or completes, when necessary, pricing and quoting of jobs based on job folders provided to operations.
- Completes daily time punches including departure and arrival times and list both internal and external manpower on the job.
- Provides salespeople, and schedulers daily progress reports via software programs.
- Trains new installers on product, installations, reconfigurations, policies and procedures. Assists management with development and conducts in house training.
- Loads or assists in loading of product and equipment into assigned vehicle when necessary.
- Provides formal feedback to management on the performance of both internal and external manpower. Participates in the performance appraisal process for employees.
- Ensures compliance of all Red Thread safety policies and procedures by Red Thread team members and contractors.
- Clear and professional communication skills, including written, verbal and listening skills, under stressful situations.
- Must be able to make fair and objective decisions with conviction.
- Must be able to demonstrate skills and characteristics of a leader.
- Must be willing to supervise a group of individuals to achieve common goals and objectives.
- Possess knowledge of Red Thread distributed products and is willing to share knowledge and to other employees.
- Ability to prioritize in an ever changing, multi-task environment.
- Ability to read furniture plans and blueprints.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lead and direct the work of others.
- Detail-oriented with good administrative skills.
- Must be a problem solver. Strong ability to anticipate, recommend and implement solutions. Must be able to anticipate and quantify the financial implication of decisions and/or recommendations.
- Ability to complete paperwork accurately and clearly and in a timely manner and interact with software applications consistently.
- Ability to lift and move loads of up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to load and pack delivery truck.
- Ability to assemble various products, both Steelcase and Non Steelcase, utilizing necessary hand tools.
Level of Education/Training/License:
- High School Diploma / GED required.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record for a minimum of the past 3 years.
- Three plus years assembling, installing, and dismantling of office furniture or similar products - preferred but not required.
- Three plus years’ experience directing the workflow of others - preferred.
Red Thread offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, STD, LTD, Life/AD&D, 401(k), paid time off and paid holidays.