We begin with dreams. Dreams drive our motivation. Dreams are our future. The world's dreams, people's dreams, our dreams. Our passion creates ideas that make dreams come alive. Technology and products that were only dreams become reality.
All for dreams. Dreams challenge and the Nidec-Group will continue to meet the challenge. For the world's and people's tomorrows; the world's first, the world's best technologies and products; we will continue our part in creating a better society.
Job SummaryMust be able to set up and operate various machines in the lamination department in a safe and efficient manner. This position requires extreme attention to details and a thorough knowledge of the work procedures and component applications. Employee will be responsible for producing quality parts in a safe and reliable manner for the next internal customer.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set up and/or operate various machines
- Set up, operate and teach the Automated Lamination Load & Unload machines
- Do visual inspection of parts and detect defects and make necessary changes if part is out of tolerance
- Read a tape measure, Vernier calipers and backiron and spacing gages
- Service notching machines including automatic load & unload equipment while producing laminations
- Transfer and load blanks and finished laminations as required
- Perform minor adjustments to maintain efficient operation of the equipment and part quality
- Comply with company quality and safety guidelines
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Responsible to ensure equipment is setup and/or operated in accordance to published and/or posted safety documents.
COMPETENCIES: TECHNICAL/FUNCTIONAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to read and follow directions
- Strong attention to detail
- Self Motivated
- Ability to work independently
- Safety Minded
- Read blueprints
- Use micrometers, dial indicators, Vernier calipers
- Basic computer skills
- Operate fork lift
- High School diploma or GED
- Previous employment in manufacturing
- Ability to work in a Team oriented setting
- Good Communication skills – Verbal & Written
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee must be able to wear the required PPE for the position.
Standing and Walking:
More than 90%
Close Vision and Sitting:
More than 90%
Hand and Finger Dexterity:
More than 90%
Talking and Hearing:
(via phone/in person)
More than 40%
Lifting (more than 20 lbs):
This position description is meant to describe the typical kinds of duties or difficulty level that may be required of positions with this title. The use of a particular expression shall not limit or exclude other duties or difficulty levels not mentioned. This position description is not meant to limit or modify Nidec’s right to assign, direct or control the work assigned to this position.
Nidec is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, genetic information, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Additional Job Details
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at Nidec
Nidec is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, genetic information, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following website: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Nidec will not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to Nidec job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Nidec Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Nidec Talent Acquisition team.