Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Laborer/Utility Person will be responsible for housekeeping around the yard which includes and is not limited to shoveling dirt piles, washing and cleaning catwalks, tunnels and various plant equipment. Forklift and skid steer operation will be required.
This position will occasionally operate the water truck safely around the loading and dumping areas. Safely operate the machine in all types of terrain and ground conditions. Maintain enough water on the roads to minimize dust. Operate other pieces of mobile equipment as needed. Safely judge distances between the water truck and multiple pieces of equipment. Any other duties as instructed by supervisor.
- Work safely and follow all Federal and State laws and regulations as well as company and site-specific policies.
- Conduct a complete pre- and post-shift safety inspection daily of equipment.
- Keep enough moisture on the roads so dust is not generated while the haul trucks are operating.
- Function in the traffic flow with larger faster moving vehicles.
- Distinguish when roads are over-watered creating unsafe operating conductions.
- Climb in and out of the water truck multiple times throughout the day.
- Communicate with plant manager and plant operators on any safety or repair needs.
- Communicate with other personnel and plant operators as to where water needs to be put down.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience in production loading in an open pit or underground mine
- MSHA Part 46 training a plus
- Physical Requirements: sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, balancing, bending (bending at the waist, lifting above the waist and lifting below the waist), kneeling, reaching, grasping (use of both hands), squatting, repetitive motions, manipulative finger movements with both hands, use of wrists (flexing or rotating with both wrists), use of both feet, use of arms above and below shoulder, work extended periods of time in same position, perform duties in all climates i.e. weather, extreme temperatures, tolerate heights, lift and carry up to 75 lbs., work in confined spaces, capable of wearing respiratory and other personal protective equipment.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Pension after 5 years