About Williams Sonoma DC - Memphis & Olive Branch
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2021, recognized as a Great Place to Work®, an honor which reflects that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- 3300 full-time associates across Supply Chain
- 9 large Furniture Distribution Centers located in Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta, and Newark totaling 7.5 million square feet
- 38 delivery hubs in cities larger than 750,000 in population
- 3 small package ecommerce Distribution Centers located in Memphis, TN and Olive Branch, MS totaling 3 million sq ft, consisting of 1200 full-time associates and 5000 seasonal/temporary associates
- 4 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina, Mississippi, and California with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking and Rail consisting of over 45 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
The Labor Management Admin I position is in Olive Branch, MS. This position is responsible for Interacting daily with Operations Management, AGM and GOMs to determine the workload demand available as well as what needs to be made available to operations. Oversees labor management reporting, assists with production systems, and can handle a multitude of ad hoc reports/projects. Constant communication with peers, leads and managers to ensure daily goals are attained. Associate will perform other duties as made necessary by the business to provide customer service.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because....
- Ability to run, create and analyze Labor Management reporting and will be the go-to person for all Labor Management needs
- Able to assist with production exceptions, template development, and new PZ systematic updates
- Ability to work in a group setting on a multitude of projects
- Be sensitive to tight timelines and customer delivery commitments
- Train others on daily work assignments when needed
- Must have good attendance and be a team player
- Other duties as assigned
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2-4 years’ work experience in computer operations, experience in trouble-shooting hardware
- Strong Communication and follow up skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Knowledge of WMS, AS400, and PKMS
- Understanding of Labor Management system and reporting
- Ability to be trained on a numerous PZ Systems
- Knowledge or willingness to be trained on Adobe systems
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, overtime hours and weekends as needed
- Able to use computer for an extended period
- Perform various scheduled and unscheduled back-up procedures as required
- Print, sort and distribute system generated reports for all departments
- Understanding of distribution center workflow
- Understand reconciliation procedures and service goals
- Ability to balance multiple tasks
- Willingness to work as a team
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Review these physical requirements, as they play a major part in this role….
- Comfortable walking/standing 90% of the day
- Heavy lifting up to 50 pounds
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer & Matching Gifts Community Service Program
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com