Assembly of 2”-60” mechanical valves using pneumatic and hydraulic powered tools.
- Set-up and monitoring of valves under pressure and cycle testing in the R&D lab. This includes the use of high pressure water pumps (1100psi typical) and hydraulic fluid pumps (3000psi typical).
- Monitoring and evaluating valves under cycle test to detect decreases in product performance. Shutting down the cycle test as soon as failure occurs.
- Computer skills to control and record tests
- Maintenance of lab equipment including hydraulic and air actuators, valves, hoses, gages and cables
- Organization of lab equipment, test valves, test equipment, R&D work area, storage areas, and storage crates. This includes storage racks within the R&D and those located at other locations on the property.
- 5S activities including sorting, setting, scrubbing, standardizing, sustaining
- Assist in evaluation of customer returned valves
- Coordination with Operations maintenance team with regards to preventative maintenance on hydraulic pumps, water pumps, and associated R&D equipment.
- Move valves and components from racks and outside storage areas to the R&D test area using heavy machinery such as forklifts and cranes. Parts and assembled valves can weigh 10,000 Lbs and more.