Test Oilgear components, assemblies, and products, applying knowledge of mechanical components, hydraulics, and hydraulic components. Record and analyze test data to determine if product meets the test requirements. Measure capabilities and performance of new and existing products. Design tests/stands to qualify new products and to support changes to existing products. Assemble and maintain test stands and equipment.
Assemble, test, and evaluate prototype hardware. Communicate both orally and in writing with personnel regarding testing, test procedures, evaluation of tested units. Support Engineering teams in development of new products and existing product improvements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to):
1. Assemble hydraulic components on test stands
2. Reconfigure hydraulic test stands as required to perform tests
3. Monitor and conduct tests under the direction of a development engineer
4. Accurately record test data
5. Assemble/disassemble hydraulic pumps and valve
6. Writing lab reports upon conclusion on test
1. Associates degree preferred (A.A /A.S.) from two-year college or technical school; or one to two years related experience and or/ training; or equivalent combination or education and experience.
2. Basic skills of Microsoft Office, Excel.
3. Knowledge of Hydraulics repair/assembly: pumps, valves
4. Hydraulics: assemble tubing, assemble hoses
5. Use of measuring equipment: calipers, micrometers
6. Use of electronic instrumentation: oscilloscopes, Volt-Ohm Meters, computerized data acquisition equipment
7. electronics knowledge: resistors, capacitors, wiring diagrams
8. Crane operation
9. Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Relationships and Authority:
This position has no supervisory authority.
Working Environment and Physical Demands:
Manufacturing plant and professional office environments.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.