Lab Assistant - Processing (2nd shift)
Come Be Part of a Mission that Matters!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Preforms all duties essential to quality high throughput data generations associated with platform specific technology-including but not limited to assigned primary platform and/or secondary platform(s).
- Gain and maintain the ability to operate all electronic and robotic equipment essential to primary platform processing. This includes all hand held electronic repeaters, multichannel pipettes along with liquid handling robots.
- Maintain consistency and quality in lab techniques and procedures within an ever changing and fluid work environment.
- May assist in the training of new technicians and interns in order to better manage laboratory workload.
- Proficiency in providing input to the best ways to maximize laboratory efficiency.
- Accurate record keeping which includes but is not limited to laboratory notebooks, lot record tracking, sample archives, LIMS and/or repository as necessary.
- Proficiency in a variety of molecular biological techniques.
- Generates and analyzes initial data from a variety of laboratory techniques and analytical instrumentation.
- Assists in maintaining the laboratory including alerting appropriate personnel when there is a need for ordering supplies and/or equipment, calibrating instruments, performing preventive maintenance, following established cleaning protocols and assuring a safe environment.
- Assists in maintaining an accurate and usable inventory of all platform/vendor specific supplies, reagents and chips
- Follows established SOPs accurately and efficiently, supports ISO procedures.
- Meets individual and departmental goals and objectives.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university in a science discipline (chemistry, microbiology, biochemistry, immunology); or 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word Processing and Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software.
WHO IS NEOGEN:
Neogen is home to the largest genomic operation in the world! Our worldwide genomics operations deliver innovative, affordable DNA testing for the discovery and commercial application of genomic advances that enhance the safety and abundance of life. Our genomics tools are used by farmers and ranchers, and veterinary practitioners, to provide the best animal care possible, as well as enhance breeding programs.
Neogen’s culture combines stability with a deep belief in providing professional and personal growth. Our Pillars of Trust — the principles that guide our everyday decision-making, include Openness, Honesty, Credibility, Respect, and Service. It’s our belief in these characteristics that provides a consistent, happy and healthy work environment for our employees.