Come Be Part of a Mission that Matters!
Neogen is looking for a Lab Assistant to join the World’s largest DNA Extraction team! This position performs laboratory tests and production support services through sample processing and DNA extraction. Our Lab Assistants uses a variety of scientific techniques, instrumentation, and disciplines in a fast-paced environment. Every day is different!
This is an entry level position with excellent training and promotion opportunities! There are two available work shifts that enjoy extended time off!
- Work shifts: Wednesday-Saturday 5:30am-4:00pm
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs sample and reagent preparation, DNA extraction and isolation, quality analysis prior to genotyping, analysis of reagents for performance, and other related tasks.
- Providing input to the best ways to maximize laboratory efficiency
- Becomes proficient in a variety of molecular biological techniques
- Maintains laboratory notebooks, archives, and sample or specimen repository.
- Assists in maintaining the laboratory including ordering supplies and equipment, calibrating instruments, performing preventive maintenance, and assuring a clean and safe environment
- Previous experience in a lab setting a plus
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multitask
- Team player
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or Equivalent; some additional higher education or concurrent pursuit of an Associate’s degree is beneficial. Previous laboratory experience is preferred but not required.
- Friendly family atmosphere
- Identifiable Career Path
- Health Insurance/Dental Insurance/Optical Insurance
- Compensation plan is overtime eligible
WHO IS NEOGEN:
Neogen is home to the largest genomic operation in the world! Our worldwide genomics operations deliver innovative, affordable DNA testing for the discovery and commercial application of genomic advances that enhance the safety and abundance of life. Our genomics tools are used by farmers and ranchers, and veterinary practitioners, to provide the best animal care possible, as well as enhance breeding programs.
Neogen’s culture combines stability with a deep belief in providing professional and personal growth. Our Pillars of Trust — the principles that guide our everyday decision-making, include Openness, Honesty, Credibility, Respect, and Service. It’s our belief in these characteristics that provides a consistent, happy and healthy work environment for our employees.