Hexagon Agility is the leading global provider of highly engineered and cost-effective compressed natural gas, liquid natural gas, propane, and hydrogen fuel systems and Type 4 composite cylinders for medium- and heavy-duty commercial vehicles. Our portfolio of products also includes the production of high-performance, modular battery packs for commercial vehicles. Our solutions enable the safe and effective use of natural gas, propane, and hydrogen as a transportation fuel. These clean fuels reduce greenhouse gas and other air emissions and save money for fleet operators and their customers.
Job Summary: Responsible for account management of key customers within the North American business development group for new and existing customers by performing sales and marketing tasks while establishing and managing key customer relationships while improving customer satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities:- Perform sales and marketing efforts through face-to-face visits, phone, and written communications
- Generate new leads within existing accounts and occasionally cold call on new customers to build sales and strong relationships through customer satisfaction
- Support and attend trade show activities and industry meetings
- Seek out and target key customers and new sales opportunities, initiate action plans to approach and secure new business
- Generate written reports on customer calls/visits, and communicate customer requirements to management, engineering, and operations departments
- Generate and manage bids and proposals
- Negotiation of contracts, purchase orders, and terms and conditions
- Develop, maintain, and improve customer relationships and customer satisfaction
- Support on-time delivery of product
- Assist in the formulation of sales forecasting, budgeting, costing activities, and various other report; analyze data for upward reporting
- Support contract/program issues related to product development and delivery
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree and/or a commensurate combination of skill & education is required, with the preferred discipline being in a Technical Science background.
- A minimum of 5 years of business development/sales experience is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of technical sales required
- 2-3 years of international sales strongly preferred
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment with ISO 9000 certification (or similar) preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of project management experience is preferred
- Experience with export compliance and international shipping preferred
- The ability to understand highly technical products and the related sales and marketing strategies of such products required
- A general knowledge of composite products, processes, and materials preferred
- Experience working in an industry related to or having strong ties to the automotive sector and/or alternative fuels strongly preferred
- Advanced level sales skills, including the ability to give technical presentations to varied audiences at various levels of an organization
- Ability to develop, implement, monitor, control, and manage projects
- Ability to cooperate with, communicate well with, and coordinate projects with external customers, internal customers/other departments, and suppliers in an advanced capacity using the English language
- Ability to understand government contracts, standards, and systems and work through related compliance barriers to obtain marketing and sales solutions
- Strong analytical ability with advanced problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and demanding environment with a strong sense of urgency
- Basic level knowledge of MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint required
- Basic level knowledge of manufacturing ERP systems in order to produce necessary reports and analyze data preferred
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for up to 8 hours or more per day
- Ability to lift and carry up to 10 lbs on a limited basis, and on an infrequent basis ability to lift up to 50 lbs in trade show equipment
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required
- Travel availability of approximately 30% of the time within the US and internationally, with the ability to travel on short notice