The Vertex Company is looking for self-motivated and high-energy candidates with a strong background in cybersecurity initiatives. This is a hands-on role that requires a medium to a high level of technical and analytical expertise. Responsible for a broad range of tasks, including the day-to-day administration of information security tools, the creation of security documentation, governance risk compliance (GRC) management, and first-level and second-level support for security information and event management (SIEM).
As a member of the Cyber Security Operations Team
- Perform initial analysis, identification, remediation, and documentation of network intrusions and computer system compromises.
- Handle incident escalations as necessary from other analysts.
- Perform basic malware analysis and forensic analysis of network activity, disks, and memory.
- Analyze threat and vulnerability alerts, determine current impacts, and coordinate remediation actions as necessary.
- Proactively research and monitor security-related information sources to aid in the identification of threats to Vertex networks, systems, and intellectual property.
- Assist in the development of effective Enterprise Security Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to develop and track key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics for operational success.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Network Security, Information Security, Information Technology, Cybersecurity (or equivalent) and +4 years of related experience with Network or Information Security support.
- Solid systems security exposure and proficiency in at least two Operating Systems (Windows, Linux preferred)
- Strong troubleshooting skills for complex network and security problems.
- Strong analytical skills in threat, vulnerability, and intrusion detection analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly disciplined and motivated, able to work independently, under direction, or as a member of a team.
- Must be willing to work non-standard hours and be on call as needed periodically.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Experience hunting proactively for threats within an enterprise
- Experience investigating computer network intrusions in an enterprise
- Experience with SIEM and/or log aggregation technologies
- Security tool integration and process automation via scripting and/or automation engines
- Needs to have a keen understanding of threat vectors as well as exfiltration techniques
- The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable and passionate about all things cyber
- Position can be hired at a level 2.
- Experience investigating intrusions in cloud/hybrid environments
- L2 or L3 SOC investigative experience
- Experience with incident response
- Certifications Required: (1 or more of the following: CISSP, CCSP, OSCP, CISA, CRISC, GIAC, CEH, Security+, GSEC, CCNA/CCNP) or similar. Certifications can be obtained within the first 6 months of hire.