This position will support quality by performing tests of factory/laboratory mixed compounds and tire components for all processes according to safety standards, standard operating procedures, and other related standards. This position will work in a team environment, seeking solutions to challenges, participate in continuous improvement assignments (as appropriate). and utilize lean principles to improve laboratory test methods to enhance the accuracy and precision of data and processes.
- Verify equipment operation, performs calibrations/maintenance on laboratory equipment.
- Operates various analytical instrumentation for chemical and physical test such as bench top mini mill, curing press, Tensile test, Mooney Viscometer, Adhesion, Densitometer, Hardness, Moving Die Rheometer
- Follow to safety standards and SOP to ensure product quality.
- Provides support with testing Raw Materials such as carbon black and synthetic rubber.
- Aim to improve laboratory test methods to enhance the accuracy and precision of the data.
- Participates in the safety awareness and consciousness program(s).
- Complies consciously and strictly with company rules and regulations.
- Maintains good housekeeping in the laboratory and other work areas using 5S tools.
- Complies strictly to Environmental Management System (EMS).
- Assist with lab equipment autonomous and preventive maintenance, repairs, and calibrations as needed and required.
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of ISO 9001/TS 16949 & IS0 14001.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Able to work shift work and maintain regular and predictable attendance, as well as working overtime as needed.
- Assist in auditing and reporting of necessary calibration of lab equipment.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor and top management..
- At least High School graduate or GED equivalent
- 3-5 years in a manufacturing environment (preferred)
- Knowledge of laboratory skills and standards (preferred)
- Computer skills to include the ability to enter and retrieve data and understand the basic operations of computerized equipment
- Efficient in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Ability to independently execute detailed work-plans
- Problem Solving Skills
- Effective written/oral communication
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
AA DEGREE – Preferred
BACHELORS DEGREE –
MASTERS DEGREE – FIELD OF STUDY:
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Stand and walk on hard surfaces for long periods of time, up to 4 hours at a time.
- Stand/remain upright and stationary, walk, kneel, bend, turn, stoop and squat repetitively.
- Stand/remain upright and stationary for long periods of time, up to 4 hours at a time.
- Reach forward and overhead repeatedly.
- Wear personal protective equipment such as (lab coat, gloves, face mask, etc.), according to the standard operating procedure.
- Heavy lifting required occasionally (30lbs).