This is a Full Time opportunity that is eligible for benefits and a $2000 Sign on bonus
They may complete task such as installs, repairs, adjusts, calibrates, maintains, troubleshoots, and operates a wide variety of electrical/electronic/pneumatic/instrumentation and control equipment, electrical machinery, scales, communication equipment, control systems and various kinds of pumping units in all areas of the company, using a great variety of power driven and hand tools, instruments, and testing equipment.
Does layout work, estimates and prepares materials list for assigned jobs. Completes other work as directed by supervisor.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Plans and lays out work from drawings, blueprints, schematic diagrams, specifications, operating and service manuals or from independently exercised evaluations of work requirements, using mathematics, reference material, judgment, and experience while following applicable codes and standards.
- Calculates and obtains relevant data and determines the necessary information required for the installation, operation, and maintenance of technically and economically optimum instrumentation, electrical, power and control systems.
- Determines by testing and visual inspection, the repairs, maintenance, replacements, etc., required to maintain operationally reliable electrical and instrumentation power and control systems, including periodic preventive maintenance to minimize and prevent costly downtime of the systems and processes.
- Services, overhauls, troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains motors, generators, transformers, transmission-distribution power lines and other electrical power equipment; calibrates, aligns, adjust, and checks all types of pneumatic, electronic, electrical and instrumentation control systems.
- Reads operating and service manuals and instructions to learn the fundamental principles and operations of each control device and related equipment and their relationship and function in the control system; and applies this knowledge in the performance of his/her work.
- Installs motors, motor control centers, transformers, circuit breakers, switchboards, buses, generators, metering devices, line and substation devices, wire and cable assemblies, conduit, wireways, lighting fixtures, transmitters, transducers, programmable logic controllers, and other power and control equipment.
- Responds to trouble calls from the supervisory control system and or supervisors by radio, pager, telephone, or other means of communications and takes the appropriate action to correct the problem.
- Advises supervisor of required spare parts and assists in the maintenance of spare parts inventory at the authorized level.
- Directs and trains trade workers of lower classification as well as non-trade workers who may be assigned to help him/her.
- Drives motor vehicle, is responsible for careful driving at proper speeds, maintains proper air pressure in tires, changes tires as necessary to prevent undue wear or damage; observes oil pressure and temperature gauges to prevent breakdowns or undue strain upon truck makes minor repairs and adjustments; reports mechanical defects requiring repairs by shop trade worker.
- Keeps shop, electrical equipment areas, and all work areas clean and maintains a safe work environment.
- Prepares and submits “Daily Work Log” accounting for his/her work during the day.
- Observes all safety regulations and reviews all MSDS information pertaining to his/her work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a current HAWAII Electrician Journey Worker license.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License.
- Must comply with all Federal, State, Corporate, Warehouse and Food Safety standards, policies, and guidelines (i.e. HACCP, GMP, SQF, FDA, etc.).
- Must be willing and able to frequently lift 25 lbs.
- Must be willing and able to work in a non-climate-controlled environment.
*Kauai Coffee is an Equal Opportunity Employer