United States of America
AK303: Ft. Wainwright, AK, 5108 Range Road,Fort Wainwright, Alaska, 99703, United States of America
***CONTINGENT UPON AWARD***
The position you are applying for is with Vertex Technology & Training Solutions which was formerly Raytheon Global Training & Logistics.
Vertex Aerospace LLC acquired Raytheon Global Training & Logistics in December 2021.
Joint Fires Subject Matter Expert
Raytheon currently has an opportunity for an experienced professional serving as the Joint Fires Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the performance of contract responsibilities in support of the Northwest Range Operations and Sustainment (NWROS) contract, Joint Pacific Alaska Range Complex (JPARC) located at Eielson AFB, AK.
The Joint Fires SME provides planning and training coordination for integration of Joint Fire events into Red Flag – Alaska (RF-A) and other PACAF exercises; recommends required forces via JNTC and estimated funding from Joint Training Coordination Program (JTCP) in order to enable training of Joint Fires with forces not organic to the USAF (artillery, mortars, rockets, helicopter gunships). Assists in determining DLOs to meet accredited Universal Joint Task List (UJTL) and Joint Mission Essential Tasks (JMET) as they apply to JFIRES events. Observes JFIRES units during key events focused on Forces Integration, Interoperability, and Interdependence and contribute to mission debriefs and exercise after action reports.
NWROS provides integrated range operations, maintenance, and sustainment in support of joint air and ground combat training and testing for the Unites State Air Force’s (USAF) Headquarters (HQ) Pacific Air Command (PACAF) at the Joint Pacific Alaska Range Complex (JPARC) and select deployed locations within PACAF’s Area of Responsibility (AOR) The NWROS is a turnkey, comprehensive support contract that facilitates sustainment /maintenance of range facilities, planning and execution of exercise and/or daily training mission support and Live-Virtual and Constructive (LVC) integration in support of training. Key tasks include:
- Assists in supervising the performance of contractual responsibilities.
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert for Joint Fires doctrine and Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) to include their incorporation into joint exercises.
- Coordinates directly with DoD, US Army Alaska, and non-government agencies as required to establish training objectives, scenario development, joint/coalition training events, air/ground transport, and joint fires integrations.
- Coordinates for and plans appropriate active duty Command and Control capability for live fire training events.
- Coordinates the scheduling of range and training areas.
- Assists RF-A staff and 353CTS in coordinating the reception and billeting of non-flying units participating in RF-A and other PACAF exercises.
- Develop and publish training plans, assist development of Concept of Operations (CONOPs), Range Safety plans and enable forces to meet administrative requirements for training.
- Serves as the Exercise Control Group Point of Contact and interface between non-fixed wing units, White Forces and Blue Forces participants.
- Assists 353 CTS in development of Weapons Danger Zones for air to ground munitions, and with appropriate Army Range Control agencies for surface-to-surface fires in order to develop a safe, and executable live fire scenario.
- Consolidates lessons learned and assist the RF-A Lessons Learned/Assessments SME in writing the exercise after-action reports and assist the RF-A JNTC Liaison in capturing training, lessons and highlights for inclusion in the JNTC After-Action Report.
- Identify Joint Fires training capability shortfalls on the JPARC, analyzing, recommending, and supporting installation/operation of technical solutions for integration and effective/efficient operations of multi-Service training systems.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in planning/employing Joint Fires.
- Ability to obtain/retain a Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Extensive knowledge of Joint TTPs, JMET and UJTL
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to timely implement new solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to conduct presentations in front of senior level management and customers.
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong inter-personal skills and demonstrated ability to work across diverse groups of people and at all levels of an organization.
- Reside near or be willing to relocate to the vicinity of Fairbanks/Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska.
- Former USAF/USN/USMC/USA Fires Planner or similar background.
- Experience planning/executing large Joint/Combined exercises.
- Graduate of MEL 4 (USN War College, Army or Air Command& Staff College).
- Experience in planning/executing large exercises.
- Comprehensive knowledge of exercise design and conversant in Joint Fires, Air and Ground tactics, capabilities and equipment.
- Experience working with constructive simulation and LVC-IA systems.
- Experience supporting live fire range operations for both direct fire and air delivered munitions.
Bachelors’ Degree in Business, Management or other related field. Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of education requirement.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms