The Account Development Specialist is responsible for maximizing the sales and marketing of Jackson Family Wines to a targeted account base through effective planning, selling, merchandising and communication that permits achievement of company and supplier objectives. This role must maintain strong relationships with the key stakeholders/gatekeepers of the supplier accounts and be the ‘go-to’ consultant for the accounts. The Account Development Specialist will be active with in-market events and education.
- Maximize sales and marketing of supplier brands
- Serve as the expert and resource for the division or group in developing beverage and marketing strategies and plans for growth.
- Researches trends, category and portfolio to ensure that the group or division and company meet goals as established.
- Present new products and beverage offerings, and if necessary, conducting business reviews
- Maintains relationships with influencers and presents new products and cocktail, wine and beer listings or menus.
- Facilitates accounts visits, dinners for dignitaries and supplier representatives by scheduling and preparing accounts to meet the expectations of suppliers and management
- Assist sales team in driving supplier brands
- Develop and deliver training modules to the sales team, customer, and supplier regarding sales trends
- Determines specific needs of individual accounts by analyzing account and surveying for opportunities.
- Establishes merchandising objectives relative to brand priority for each account by understanding company priorities and defining POS needs to the supplier
- Prepares and delivers professional sales presentations to customers by balancing the company’s priorities and customers’ needs.
- Obtains appropriate distribution of supplier brands throughout account base by presenting and selling based on the brands’ features and benefits
- Maintain and build strong relationships with the key stakeholders/gatekeepers of the supplier accounts
- Participate in supplier work-with sales calls.
- Attend educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks to build and maintain industry knowledge.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or similar field preferred
- Minimum of two years in sales or industry related experience, required
- If supporting Fine Wine will require more experience and Fine Wine Accreditation Preferably WSET Level 2 or Similar (CSW, Level II Court of Master Sommeliers)
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a motor vehicle; required.
- Ability to hold a Solicitor’s Permit required
- Basic Budget, Sales and Marketing experience
- MS Office skills
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Frequent hand motion with answering and dialing phones and computer work
- Occasional carrying, overhead reaching and lifting of 15 pounds to perform various duties
- Occasional immediate reaching to perform various office duties
- Occasional standing for short amounts of time to perform various duties
- Occasional walking for short amounts of time to perform various duties
- Extended sitting for long periods of time at desk or workstation
- Minimal squatting or bending to perform various duties
- Occasional Climb Stairs
Breakthru Beverage Group is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available Here
, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call (708) 298-3536 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.