Coeur Mining, Inc. is the largest U.S.-based primary silver producer and a growing gold producer. The Company has five precious metals mines in the Americas generating strong production, sales and cash flow. Coeur Rochester, Inc., a subsidiary of Coeur Mining, is seeking an IT Technician for the Coeur Rochester Mine located northeast of Lovelock, Nevada.
The IT Technician will be responsible for Coeur Rochester Mine Site and its off-site locations needs as related to IT Department assets, workstations, laptops, mobile devices, infrastructure, as well as general hardware and software needs, and user support. This position is based at the Coeur Rochester Mine site.
- Ensures adherence to company policy while maintaining specific knowledge of IT policies and procedures.
- Assist in network monitoring, support, and troubleshooting.
- Performs systems setup, installation, and upgrades of hardware and software.
- Installs, configures, and maintains IT Department assets, including but not limited to; workstations, laptops, mobile devices, phones, WAPs, etc.
- Conducts user training as required.
- Maintain telephone system, including; moves, additions, changes, and troubleshooting.
- Provides technical support to employees directly and remotely throughout the entire mine site.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance of IT infrastructure (RSM - Regular Scheduled Maintenance).
- Attend tickets related to users (Incidents and Service Requests).
- Assists with problems with IT Infrastructure.
- Occasionally manage technical projects with minimal assistance.
- Maintains documentation on changes, additions, and removal/recycling of assets.
- Maintains working knowledge of current systems and tools used by the company and provides reports using these in a timely fashion.
- Works with the Environmental Dept to ensure E-Waste is processed properly.
- Assists other members of the IT department in their duties as prescribed by management and maintains flexible on-call weekend rotation status.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Maintain current understanding of new and upcoming business related technology and continually improves personal and professional systems/networking knowledge through technical articles, professional forums, and online courses when appropriate.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- A+ certification or equivalent experience.
- Net+/CCNA certifications or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with fiber optics, including installation and terminations, is desired.
- Knowledge of servers and networking in cloud, physical and virtual environments.
- Experience in hardware maintenance, MS Active Directory, MS Exchange, ManageEngine, Windows OS, and MS Office.
- Experience with the following systems desired:
- MS SharePoint
- Shoretel Telephony Systems
- Cisco Network Solutions
- Ubiquiti & Rajant Wireless Systems
- Windows 7 and 10 Ent
- Ability to carry out assigned tasks to the required standards with minimal supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and employees, both written and orally.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Ability to troubleshoot network, hardware, and communication issues.
- Ability to lift and move 50 lbs., work outside in all kinds of weather, in confined spaces, and at all heights.
- Ability to safely load and operate vehicles in a variety of conditions including but not limited to; heavy rain, snow, and varying underground conditions.
This position will be a 40-hour work schedule and is primarily based at the Coeur Rochester Mine Site.