Clasen Quality Chocolate (CQC) is a world-class manufacturer of chocolate and innovative coatings. CQC has been growing double digits annually because of our flexibility, commitment, respect and integrity, and we are looking for quality individuals to join our team. Working for a family-owned company provides you with the opportunity to wear many different “hats,” make a difference every day, and have fun doing it! We are committed to being an Employer of Choice in the Reno/Sparks area and offering our employees a variety of traditional and unconventional benefits.
We are currently accepting applications for an IT Service Desk Analyst at our state-of-the-art production facility in Sparks, NV (Spanish Springs). The position will report to the IT Infrastructure Manager.
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance (Low deductible and copays, LASIK reimbursement, Adults orthodontics)
- Company-paid Life and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Match – up to 5%
- Paid Vacation, Personal and Volunteer days plus 11 holidays
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Wellness: Free fruit, insurance discounts, gym and run/walk/bike event reimbursement, free wellness checks
- Scholarships – Employee, spouse, and children
- Summer Camp Reimbursement – children of employees
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee appreciation events
- Free chocolate and coating!
- Annual Bonus Potential – 5%+
JOB SUMMARY: IT Service Desk Analyst will experience problem analysis, engage in resolutions, installations, and upgrades with a variety of technological mediums (physical and virtual). The primary focus of the role is to receive, prioritize, communicate, resolve, and document customer support requests across the enterprise. Documentation will commonly be in the form of SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and Knowledge Base Articles. Role is responsible for escalating incidents when appropriate and when necessary to maintain SLA (service level agreement) expectations.
As a member of the Wisconsin-based Infrastructure team, this position is the sole onsite IT professional at our 24/7 Spanish Springs facility. This position requires someone with a “do what it takes” attitude to work through any problem. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and request tracking tools and require the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the physical desktop level and virtual hands-on help remotely. Researching, scoping, and implementing new technologies may occur in the role on a limited basis. Hands on activities will operate in both an office setting and in the manufacturing environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- End User Support - Provide Tier 1/Tier 2 technical support based on priority; provide end user training and help documentation; maintain the online IT knowledge base through creating SOPs and authoring articles.
- Information Elicitor – Gather required information and appropriately document all details thoroughly in tracking tool; ensure data entered in ticket is fully reportable and searchable; assure data is present to reduce amount of time Tier 3 will spend eliciting the correct information to resolve the issue.
- Service Management – Immediately resolve, when possible, otherwise categorize, prioritize, and coordinate the resolution (by escalating issues to other IT staff when necessary) of all incoming service requests; communicate status and resolution with the customer within the stated SLA.
- System Administration – Assist in administering assigned network/server resources and software; perform periodic maintenance and upgrades when assigned; review daily performance and security logs; monitor system backup success.
- Project Management and Execution - Develop, plan, and execute smaller projects involving the IT infrastructure based upon assignment; assist in testing deployments before release to production; and identify areas of opportunity and improvement.
- Strategic Planning – Provide alert management to emerging trends in tickets; propose possible solutions to the greatest opportunities to reduce ticket intake and encourage end-user self-resolution.
- Professionalism – Demonstrate clear concise communication (written and oral); perform all tasks assigned by the supervisor, while following all company, safety, and quality policies and procedures.
- Team-Player - Providing support and assistance to other team members as required to ensure successful completion of projects and other tasks.
- Set up workstations. As needed, operate an aerial lift to perform maintenance activities.
- Occasional travel to Corporate office in Madison, WI for training.
- Maintain regular attendance at work.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience.
- Intermediate experience troubleshooting common desktop applications such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Access, Excel and Outlook are required.
- General LAN/WAN knowledge required.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory and remote utilities preferred.
- Citrix, VMware, and Windows server knowledge preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Conceptual thinking
- Customer focused and empathetic
- Good interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated; self-sufficient
- Ability to prioritize tasks and efficiently manage time
- Able to work in a mixed temperature plant environment
- Ability to set up lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
CQC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO Poster
For more information, please visit our website at www.cqc.com