IT Quality Assurance Engineer
Function: Information Technology
Job ID: 292478
Brand: Motion Industries
Major market: AL – Birmingham
- Develops, executes, and reports automated test suites
- Contributes to each phase of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) primarily through regression and unit testing
- Performs application system performance monitoring of both Test and Production platforms/environments
- Ensures all test results are properly documented, and captures all relevant information.
- Follows Quality Management process as described in company IT Policy and Procedure Statements (MPPS), to ensure all module and system testing meets requirements
- Provides daily and release-based reports that detail the results of test execution, defects found, and issues encountered with scripts
- Support the bi-weekly software development release cycle, ensuring proper testing is completed on new releases in a timely and accurate manner
- Responsible for keeping stakeholders (IT Project Managers, Application Developers, Business Process Owners, etc.) and IT management informed of testing status and defects discovered
- Ensures applications are functional, reliable, and responsive through automated testing
- Ensures that application business rules, associated logic, and application development security best practices (per OWASP top 10) are adhered to within systems, as part of the QA testing process
- Adheres to Quality Assurance principals, standards, and industry best practices
- Researches and evaluates software automation tools
- May coach and mentor more junior staff and contract employees
- Makes recommendations as to improvements of the QA process
- Responsible for following policies and procedures, software testing guidelines, and best practices for software development
- Identifies and makes recommendations as to cost savings opportunities
- Frequent communication with QA Manager, QA staff, Application Developers, and Project Managers for reporting the status of testing and status of modules in development
- Frequent interaction with QA Manager for testing status updates, progress reporting, and overall coordination of testing activities
- Works closely with both QA and Development groups to assure quality products
- Assists Application Development in the use of automation tools for unit testing
Responsible for development and management of automated test scripts based upon manual test cases, execution of automated test scripts, and reporting of defects – with the ultimate goal of ensuring high quality of Motion IT applications, as measured by post-production defects.
This position will be located in Birmingham, AL at the corporate office in Irondale. This position is not offered remotely.
- Defines, develops, executes, and documents automated test scripts and cases utilizing a full range of tools and processes, automation frameworks, software development languages and database tools
- Logs defects discovered into defect repository, and reports test findings to IT Project Managers and/or Application Developers for corrective action.
- Works with Application Developers to understand system logic, and identify reasons for script failure
- Proactive in working with Application Development teams to assign Document Object Model (DOM) elements with identifiable attributes
- Consults with Application Development staff on execution of automated scripts to help perform unit testing
- Keeps abreast of emerging technology and trends in automated test development, and provides recommendations to management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 4+ years as a QA professional
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in software development, system design, and automated system testing
- Proficiency with Java, Selenium, and SQL. Experience with other automated testing tools is desirable
- Experience with structured application development and change control methodologies
- Experience with relational database methodology as well as methods for accessing and validating of data via SQL
- Good verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work in a team environment
- BS degree is preferred
- Software Quality (CASQ or CSQA) and/or Software Testing (CAST or CSTE) Certifications a plus
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.