The Technical Support Manager oversees a team of application support analysts who are responsible for the day-to-day operation and support of SNC’s enterprise systems. This includes overseeing the implementation, administration, maintenance, and ongoing sustainment of Corporate IT solutions such as ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning), MES (Manufacturing Execution System), and HCM (Human Capital Management).
As SNC's corporate team, we provide the company and its business areas with strategic direction and business support spanning executive management, finance and accounting, operations, human resources, legal, IT, information security, facilities, marketing, and communications. Learn more about SNC's Corporate team.
This role is open to 100% remote work in most states
- BA/BS in Computer Information Systems or related discipline and/or equivalent work experience
- Typically 4-6 years or more of relevant experience, Higher education may substitute for relevant experience
- Support Service Oriented Architecture and other integration technologies
- Web technologies, mobile applications, databases and cloud-based web applications (e.g. Azure, AWS, etc…)
- Experience with multiple development platforms and service models preferred
- Knowledge of general accounting, manufacturing and operations procedures/processes or business related coursework
- Ability to deal with the ambiguity associated with working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of IT Service Management best practices such as ITIL
- Positive and proactive leadership style, with strong executive presence and excellent communication skills
- Strong sense of customer/solution ownership, an overall drive for excellence, and a proven ability to successfully manage a portfolio of enterprise systems
- Experience implementing and supporting an enterprise ERP or MES system
- Experience with ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) best practices
- Experience with Microsoft DevOps / Github and Azure Services
- Experience with database modeling, management, and retrieval (Microsoft SQL Server)
- Drive the execution and delivery of the Application Support VGOS (Vision, Strategy, Objectives and Goals)
- Provide metrics and KPI based reporting to ensure activities maintain visibility and adhere to goals defined in the IT Annual Plan
- Execute talent strategy to maintain a well-trained, high performing, and motivated application support team
- Build and maintain business and cross functional relationships to proactively meet customer needs / address issues
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving relevant IT stakeholders to ensure technical feasibility
- Provide resource estimates for the project pipeline and visibility to team resource availability
- Coordinate between IT functional areas, customers, and stakeholders to ensure clear understanding of deliverables and risks
- Maintain deliverables within defined variances for cost, schedule, and quality
- Remain aware of and proactive to industry trends relating to area of responsibility
- Manage reporting staff in day-to-day performance and job responsibilities
- Manage financial aspects including the budgeting and procurement of cloud services and on-premises applications
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
- Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team training
- Minimum Fundamental Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities as stated in SNC’s Responsibility Matrix.
Estimated Starting Salary Range: 117k - 130k
To conform to U.S. Government international trade regulations, applicant must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
SNC offers annual incentive pay based upon performance that is commensurate with the level of the position.
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, SNC Is required to comply with protocols. SNC aligns its COVID requirements, including mandatory vaccine requirements for employees, based on the status of applicable court orders and injunctions. SNC will take no action to implement the requirements in locations subject to a court order prohibiting the enforcement of Executive Order 14042 protocols. The status of these protocols are subject to change depending on the course of ongoing litigation, and candidates may later be required to show proof of COVID vaccination or have an approved exemption.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), our mission is to dream, innovate, inspire and empower the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome our employees to bring their whole selves to their work. SNC is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Contributions to SNC come in many shapes and styles, and we believe diversity in our workforce fosters new and greater ways to dream, innovate, and inspire.