This opening is intended to be a Full time position.
- Identifies, diagnoses, tracks and resolves hardware issues, PC connectivity issues, network speed and localized outages, new computer deployments, landline phones, mobile devices, TV’s, and any other user end point device.
- Effectively communicates solutions to end-users.
- Supports preparation and installation/readying of initial OS/App/Imaging loads of PCs and mobile devices.
- Performs application installs for PCs and mobile devices for approved applications used in the Enterprise.
- Provides one-on-one end-user problem resolution in-person or over the phone for approved hardware issues. Escalates to Tier 2 as required.
- Coordinates and tracks the delivery, set up, and configuration of end-user desktop hardware, software installs, and peripherals.
- Provides timely and accurate assistance to users and strives for first touch deployment and/or troubleshooting repair.
- Diagnoses and resolves end-user printer problems, and under direction of the Help Desk Supervisor and in conjunction with our Managed Print partner will manage the enterprise-wide printer fleet.
- Supports PCs in an iSeries environment, including application installations, printer setup, and printer troubleshooting.
- Coordinates timely repair of PCs and other computer equipment covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements and warranties.
- Follows the company and department standards for Cashman’s customer experience goals.
- Effectively participates as part of the team, assisting where appropriate and requesting assistance when needed.
- Will participate on-call for after-hours support when required.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Enable Cashman to achieve its objective of Safely Home. Everyone. Every Day.™ by promoting a positive safety culture and adhering to all company safety policies, procedures and practices.
- Report any unsafe acts or conditions.
- Deliver Cashman’s “Best Customer Experience” for all internal and external customers on a consistent basis.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Understanding of PCs, boot process, Windows OS management, Windows domain membership, drivers, application installs, printer setup and common networking requirements
- Ability to setup and support a variety of common and proprietary PC peripheral devices, drivers, and applications
- Basic common computer usage skills required
- Ability to setup and verify setup of standard user facing applications such as browsers, email clients; and proprietary/industry specific applications as well
- General knowledge of M365 (Office)
- Understanding of cloud technologies and MS Azure AD
- Able to engage Cashman users using friendly, calm, and pleasant voice tone
- Ability to speak to Cashman users using empathetic and kind words
- Ability to work within highly defined processes, and adapt to process changes
- Ability to interpret user needs and escalate accordingly if required
- 20 WPM or better typing skills
- Strong independent troubleshooting skills.
- Strong verbal and communications skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- A+ Certification preferred.
- Three+ years of providing end user and end point support in a multi-platform state-wide enterprise comprised of iSeries and WinTel preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional appearance and demeanor consistent with position and responsibilities.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time in front of a computer.
- Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting heavy equipment (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented with the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Must use hands for repetitive simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
- Stand/walk 1-4 hours a day, and/or sit 5-6 hours a day.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office environment with occasional exposure to shop and warehouse environment.
Valid Nevada driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
Occasional travel to other offices required.