Status: Full Time – Exempt
Reports To: IT Manager
A. Purpose and Scope of Position
This position provides IT support and assists all divisions/departments and administration of the company. Responsibilities and activities include performance and/or support of computer set-up, server maintenance and back-up, maintenance of user accounts on the network, as well as computer systems and communication device maintenance. Consideration for cost containment and reduction is integral to solution development, as allowed by functional requirements. This person does not typically supervise others and will support the activities of the IT Department. This position interacts with employees in the department and will interact with other departments and employees as required.
B. Organizational Relationship
This position reports to the IT Manager and is responsible for working and communicating effectively with all divisions of the company as requested.
C. Duties and Responsibilities
1. Specific Job Duties/Responsibilities
· Perform all duties according to SOPs and Good Documentation Practices (GDP), as applicable, and follow appropriate safety precautions and measures.
· Represent the company in a professional manner to the public, customers, and vendors and maintain trusting relationships with physician partners, customers, and fellow employees.
· Support Xtant’s mission to design, manufacture, and distribute innovative, safe, reliable, and cost-effective solutions for the medical needs of patients.
· Develop and maintain understanding of applicable FDA, ISO, and AATB requirements.
· Develop and maintain an understanding of Xtant’s hardware and software systems and help pilot new projects through the system.
· Research and recommend new equipment and software packages.
· Monitor workstations for proper performance and maintain appropriate logs and other documentation.
· Assist with routine back up for servers and maintenance of off-site storage for computer records.
· Add new employees to the system; remove system access for terminated employees and make a record of their profiles and computer files.
· Maintain and track inventory of all applications and hardware utilized.
· Add, upgrade, or patch software to workstations and servers as required.
· Monitor computer networks to ensure efficient utilization and identify potential problems and solutions to prevent and minimize outages.
· Assist remote users with VPNs and mobile devices, as necessary.
· Troubleshoot, repair, and make recommendations to resolve IT problems.
· Review, make recommendations, install, and become knowledgeable on software running utilities, facilities, instruments and equipment.
· Train new users on company IT policies, various software programs, and provide continuing technical support.
· Install new cabling, and computer and communications equipment as required.
· Monitor IT equipment maintenance and maintain computer equipment files.
· Provide technical support for remote users via telephone, email, remote computer access.
· Work with manufacturers and vendors to troubleshoot and repair equipment or schedule service calls as required.
· Act as a liaison with instrument and equipment vendors and clients and work across division/department lines in-house.
2. Financial Responsibilities
· Submit timely expense reports and abide by the Expense Reimbursement Policy.
· Responsible for ordering supplies and researching resources using fiscal responsibility.
· Assist in selecting, evaluating, and purchasing of instrumentation packages and equipment for use in Operations, as well as selection and specification of
hardware and software packages for use throughout the company.
· Participate in training plans and programs and complete in a timely manner within set deadlines.
· Complete required training prior to attempting to perform a task.
· This position may supervise others.
· Work with and support the activities of other IT personnel and infrastructure and software support needs of other departments including but not limited to Sales,
Customer Service, Operations, Engineering, QA/QC, Purchasing, and Accounting as requested.
5. Document Control and Record Control
· Assist in the completion and retention of documentation pertaining to all SOPs as required.
· Legibly and accurately complete all documentation associated with assigned duties in accordance with GDP (as applicable) and review the information of others as required.
· Write and revise a variety of technical documents including contracts, non-disclosure agreements, SOPs, and training documents as needed and assigned.
· Maintain information in physical and electronic files as required.
6. Other duties as assigned
7. Performance of Duties
· Complete required training prior to performing tasks, including initial orientation and environmental health and safety training. Keep training up to date.
· Perform all duties according to established procedures and follow appropriate safety precautions and measures.
· Conduct himself/herself in a professional and courteous manner in all aspects of interaction with fellow employees, surgeons, staff, consumers, and end users.
· Maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times.
· Must maintain confidentiality of donor and recipient information.
· Must maintain confidentiality of employee information.
D. Job Requirements
1. Education/Credentials Experience & Training
· Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field from an accredited college or university is required.
· Five (5) plus years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified is required.
· Experience with virtual environments required.
· Previous ISO and GMP experience required.
2. Technical Requirements/Skills
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
· Ability to multitask.
· Must possess excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
· Advanced computer skills required such as knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, GP, and other software as necessary.
· Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
3. Managerial Experience
4. Special Requirements/Physical Capabilities or Abilities, other Additional Desirable Qualifications
· Must be able to reason independently and work with minimal guidance.
· Ability to interpret data and make sound judgments based on those interpretations.
· Must deal effectively with a wide variety of personalities and situations requiring tact, judgment, and poise.
· Must be able to adapt to quickly changing priorities and schedules.
· Friendly, helpful, positive attitude required.
· Ability to maintain good working relationships with all co-workers and the general public and use good judgment in recognizing scope and authority.
· Must be able to communicate well and train others in complex and detailed technical protocols.
· Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment and to attend meetings at various sites within and away from
5. Working Conditions
· Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Standard office hours are Monday – Friday; 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Work may require frequent weekend/evening/on-call work.
· Working conditions may include long periods of sitting and working at a computer.
6. Health and Safety
· Must adhere to all health and safety requirements specified when entering laboratory and device manufacturing areas and in the handling of company products.
· Must adhere to health and safety requirements for the use of equipment for work at heights.
· May require OSHA (bloodborne pathogen) training, MSDS/SDS, and other safety training as applicable.
· Must be able to lift 60 lbs.
Note: This Job Description is not designed to include a detailed listing of the activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee. This job description does not constitute an employment contract, implied or otherwise, and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
This position does not offer H-1B Visa Sponsorship.
Xtant Medical provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.