The Ironer operator will process clean linen to be stored and shipped to be assigned in preparation for delivery to Superior Linen Service clients. The employee in this role must be able to function in a production environment, meeting certain physical criteria, and attaining performance level goals on a consistent basis. The hours are Monday-Friday 6 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pick up items out of cart and properly feeds them through the ironer
- Grade quality of linen while feeding items
- Keep clean linens from touching the plant floor
- Meet Vorne system production standards
- Conveys folded tops to the wrapper and then stacks and counts table tops into proper amounts for wrapping
- Maintain positive and professional attitude
- Exhibits respect towards management and coworkers
Education, Training and Experience:
- High School Diploma, GED preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
Particular Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must maintain attendance in accordance with Superior Linen Service policies
- Must exhibit accountability and flexibility
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, climb or balance, and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Disclaimer: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, tasks, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to modify essential functions of the job, or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments.