Inventory Manager, Animal Health
Our Southaven, MS location is seeking an Inventory Manager responsible for managing all distribution center inventory and establishes inventory process to ensure compliance through: cycle counting, receiving, storing, handling and shipping, while continually seeking feedback and improving processes to ensure the customers’ expectations are exceeded every day.
We offer a climate-controlled, small-team environment where you rarely have to work weekends!
WHO WE ARE
Covetrus is a global animal-health technology and services company dedicated to empowering veterinary practice partners to drive improved health and financial outcomes. We are bringing together products, services, and technology into a single platform that connects our customers to the solutions and insights they need to work best. Our passion for the well-being of animals and those who care for them drives us to advance the world of veterinary medicine.
Never Settle – Share the Customer Goal – Give Power – Be Passionate – Do Good
Come join our amazing team where we go for great, put the customer first, operate as one team, cultivate a passion for animals, and always act responsibly for customers and society!
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance starting on Day 1
- Generous holiday and paid time off policy
- Company paid life and AD&D insurance
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program and more!
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
- Manages all inventory processes: oversees and validates the accuracy of cycle counts through monitoring and reporting; makes inventory adjustments, as needed, and determines appropriate product/location set up and moves.
- Maintains a clear understanding of the day-to-day operations and processes of the DC and makes decisions about inventory based on this knowledge. Maintains inventory by location system. Performs and manages the development and maintenance of an accurate and timely cycle count program and investigates discrepancies.
- Troubleshoots all inventory discrepancies using root cause analysis: determines cause, develops and implements plan for resolution and monitors progress; reconciles inventory reports including variance and expired products.
- Evaluates and adjusts required replenishment levels in computer system, regularly, to assure adequate inventory levels on are maintained to support two days of orders.
- Creates, implements, and maintains standards of measurement and ensures all discrepancies are challenged and the necessary action is taken to rectify errors.
- Processes damaged goods/expired and investigates inventory issues with products. Provides required detailed investigation and explanations for all inventory adjustments. Coordinates with Inbound Operations Manager to examine contents of damaged product shipments from vendors and determines if some products can be placed.
- Partners with Purchasing Department to facilitate the proactive planning on optimizing our inventory levels and devising and implementing strategy to control costs associated with inventory.
- Acts as the main point of contact for recalls. Manages the recall process, to include confirming recall quantities with regulatory and vendors, moving effected recall product to the morgue physically and systematically, working with the returns manager to ensure return of recalled product to the vendor.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with preference for a major in Operations, Logistics, Supply Chain, or other business-related field (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Minimum of three years of experience in warehouse inventory control environment; minimum of one year experience with a pharmacy or pharmaceutical wholesaler/distributor required.
- Minimum one year leadership experience.
- Green belt or equivalent in Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma preferred
- APICS Certification preferred
- Forklift Certification preferred, ability to obtain Forklift Certification required
- Demonstrates strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Must demonstrate strong ability to pay attention to detail
- Highly motivated and results oriented
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and computer skills
- Experience and knowledge in distribution processes (receiving, shipping and inventory control) required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Covetrus is a federal contractor and abides by the Drug Free Workplace Act (DFWA). In accordance with the DFWA, Covetrus maintains a drug-free workplace.
- Extensive computer use.
- Ability to engage in overnight travel on an as needed basis essential.
- Ability to lift and transport 30 pounds on a regular basis and up to 50-70 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk on concrete as needed throughout the day and complete tasks that include bending, stooping, and reaching.
- May require working in a cooler environment of 35°- 46° F.
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.