REMOTE OPPORTUNITY! The Inventory Analyst, with the direction and guidance of the Supervisor, will ensure the optimal level of inventory while maintaining required service levels for our customer base. Special attention must be paid to improving turns, identifying inventory levels that exceed demand and minimizing aged inventory.
- Analyze inventory levels, prepares forecasts and makes purchases to support demand and meet budget guidelines.
- Process forecast change requests.
- Manage inventory turns and aged inventory reduction efforts.
- Handle inventory write offs/destructions for obsolete inventory.
- Maintain item files and processes new item set ups.
- Prepare run out schedules.
- Communicate and implement cost changes monthly.
- Investigates and resolves A/P issues via DataServ.
- Prepare and enter warehouse inventory transfers as needed.
- Manages history exceptions.
- Generate and maintain necessary inventory reports (AS400 Query, Bunzl Beacon).
- Identify and resolve supplier issues.
- Follow up on open orders and expedite as needed.
- Process PO updates for quantity, pricing, and delivery changes.
- Participate in conference calls and meetings as required.
- Works closely with management, sales, customer service, warehousing and corporate import group.
- Assists with annual physical inventories.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related area of study required.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in import purchasing or inventory planning in a distribution environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Analytical, with critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be service driven; detail oriented.
- Good computer skills, including proficiency in Excel.
- Ability to analyze numbers, spreadsheet experience preferred.
- High level of accuracy.
- Self starter who can multi-task and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Excellent decision-making abilities.
- Flexible with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and take the initiative to learn cross functional tasks; enthusiasm to seek out opportunities for improvement.
- Desire to grow within the company.
- Light travel required.
- AS400 experience preferred but not required.
So, what are you waiting for? A new career awaits you with endless opportunities.
Bunzl is a global leader in the Cleaning & Hygiene, Food Processing, Grocery, Health Care, Non-Food Retail, and Safety industries. We have grown both organically and through acquisitions to sales in excess of $10 billion. Bunzl North America is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. Bunzl North America owns and operates more than 100 warehouses and serves all 50 states, Puerto Rico, Canada and parts of the Caribbean and Mexico. With more than 5,000 employees and 400,000 plus supplies, Bunzl is regarded as a leading supplier in North America.
Bunzl Distribution offers competitive salaries, a comfortable work environment, and a full range of benefits including a 401k with a company match.
Bunzl Distribution has a tradition of commitment to equal employment opportunity. It is the established policy to attract and retain the best qualified people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status as provided by law.