This internship experience offers students part time paid employment at a sponsoring dealership while attending high school. This program provides students interested in a career in the heavy equipment industry an opportunity to shadow and work within the parts, sales and service departments.
Specific Duties Include:
- Shadow, learn and assist technicians with repairs.
- Assist in the parts department and showroom.
- Assist with building and yard maintenance as well as cleaning equipment.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
- Adhere to academic policies, rules and regulations set forth by the learning center the student is attending.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
- Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of RDO Equipment Co.
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
- Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including open book meetings, huddles, department meetings and other related efforts.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Maintain acceptable attendance record while in program.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Candidates must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.