Greif offers a great working environment and the opportunity to make an immediate impact at a company where your ideas are always welcome.
Job Requisition #:
022005 Inside Sales Representative (Open)
Communicates with prospective customers based on identified opportunities, customer segment, and buying needs. Determines appropriate pricing for new sales and may take action to re-price accounts when needed. Provides administrative and sales support related to account management, order tracking, resolving customer issues, and scheduling meeting and travel arrangements.
- Manages outbound calls to prospective customers based on identified opportunities.
- Communicates appropriate value proposition based on customer segment and customer's buying needs.
- Solicits requests for quotes.
- Uses pricing tools (e.g., list price configurator) to determine appropriate pricing for new sales.
- Seeks to maximize profit margin.
- May take re-pricing action for underperforming accounts when possible.
- Assists account managers with various requests (e.g., submitting prices, entering customer complaints, tracking orders).
- Assists in the preparation and updating of account plans.
- Captures and compiles data on competitive activity and the results of quotes/proposals.
- May provide other administrative support, including, but not limited to: written and electronic correspondence; handling telephone calls and relaying messages; internal office support; making meeting and travel arrangements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires a high school diploma and 4-6 years of experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Possesses administrative and sales support experience.
- Demonstrates good written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Possesses strong organizational skills and good attention to detail.
- Ability to perform cold customer calls and follow up on leads.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and any other relevant software.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. For more information read Greif’s Equal Opportunity Policy.