As an IT Manager in this role, you will be a Delivery Manager in a shared application development team. You will be fully accountable for the delivery of all support and custom development activities under your management. This role will be responsible for running a team of 8+ development and quality assurance resources to deliver strategic projects for multiple PPG business units.
Please note this role can be based in different EMEA locations. UK location is optional.
- Contributes to the achievement of business unit objectives by managing effectively and efficiently the implementation and support of information systems solutions. They are ultimately responsible for the successful implementation of project plans.
- In this capacity, they must maintain awareness of current IT projects within PPG and planned projects in their own IT group in order to promote application sharing.
- Perform feasibility studies, translate requirements into appropriate designs, formulate and define application scope and objectives, prepare high-level proposals or detailed specifications from which applications will be developed, and implement complete solutions.
- Prioritize resources and tasks and are responsible for developing contingencies, adjusting scope, monitor on the status of project efforts and are held accountable for controlling project plans and costs and providing management feedback.
- Directly supervises & coach their project team members, and are actively responsible for conducting performance reviews for their direct reports.
- They must be able to delegate responsibility to others, and to set the priorities for the group’s work.
- IT Manager Is must resolve conflict, while fostering a good team environment, in order to fulfill the department’s operating objectives
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience and technical training.
- Greater than 8 years of IT experience in business application design and systems development, including implementation and installation of systems.
- Strong project management skills, including defining, organizing, planning, and executing projects from vision through implementation.
- A thorough understanding of IT concepts, terminology and practical application of current and emerging technologies.
- Extensive analytical abilities and technical skills to evaluate alternative approaches and to recommend the most feasible and economical solutions.
- Knowledge in extensive range of architectures, analytical and design techniques, database technologies, and programming languages.
- Proven ability to design applications using the appropriate systems architecture, database structures, and communication and network technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and effectively participate in teams.
- Must be comfortable working remotely and lack of face to face time with their teams, colleagues and managers.
- Strong interpersonal and human resource management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in audience appropriate terms.
- Greater than 2 years of experience in personnel supervision.
- If you are interested in a new challenge with responsibilities and a global scope, do not hesitate to apply?