The individual in this role will take a hands-on role in contributing to the team. Their main responsibilities will be developing business information web-app solutions and integrations and overall Information Systems. Responsibilities include network infrastructure, information security, regulatory compliance and digital and voice communications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead web/app design and development efforts enterprise wide.
- Create, design, code and modify web-based applications, primarily front-end in HTML / CSS and ASP, using SQL back-end data sets and other data analysis and reporting solutions.
- Manage Company-wide Information and communications systems by establishing and executing policies, procedures and plans.
- Oversee systems administration, network health and security, hardware configurations and inventory control, license management and the development or procurement software solutions and web-applications.
- Lead and manage all phases of software/application development projects, from concept and planning to implementation and follow-on support to drive business excellence.
- Identify the need, scope, and specifications for the hardware and or software solutions, web-applications dashboards, reporting tools to support efficiency, effectiveness, and strategic goals.
- Strategically plan projects for maintainability and scalability; develop and execute project plans for developing new web-applications, data systems and streams; manage workflows to meet timelines.
- Design, collect, clean, validate, and model the data with the purpose of presenting it in a readable manner for decision making purposes and for integration into other business systems.
- Maintain active and current system configuration documentation; document and update Wikis, change logs, end-user instructions, application maintenance instructions; follow generally accepted Change Management Processes for revision control.
- Introduce and integrate new software into production environment(s); provide employee training and follow-on technical support.
- Oversee the administration of internal network operations: installing and configuring network servers and related equipment, performing preventative maintenance, firmware / software upgrades, troubleshooting problems and protecting information systems from malware.
- Oversee other Company-wide communications systems including desk / mobile phone services, Internet service providers and other information systems suppliers.
- Back up other IT team members; provide company-wide customer service, closing basic help-desk tickets including password resets, printer connectivity, MS Office help, etc.
- Convert legacy databases and applications to current standards for efficiency, data integrity and to improve the user experience.
- Ensure all information systems meet applicable compliance standards, security and privacy controls and regulatory / legal guidance.
- Develop software solutions to enhance security, while responding to security breaches.
- Knowledgeable of network infrastructure, information security, and desktop support procedures.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of information, including intellectual property, and personnel data.
- Complete initial / recurrent training requirements in a timely manner.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead, manage and directly supervise all assigned staff members.
- Manage and coordinate the work plan for the assigned staff; set departmental goals; assign work activities, projects and programs; monitor workflow; meet with staff to identify and resolve problems; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures.
- Be accountable for departmental labor budgets and the activities, workflow, work schedules, attendance, and compliance with safety standards and policies for all assigned staff.
- Participate in candidate selection; provide training, motivation and evaluation of assigned personnel; provide or coordinate staff training; review work output; coach employees to correct deficiencies; promote career development; initiate disciplinary and termination procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor's degree in an Information Technology-related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years’ experience implementing cyber security best practices.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the latest trends and awareness of current hacking techniques and cybercrime.
- Strong knowledge of NIST Cyber Standards, NIST 800-171 & NIST 800-53.
- Understand DoD Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC).
- Strong understanding of web applications development including security, session management, and best practices, documentation and change management.
- Full stack developer skills and experience using modern HTML / CSS, Java, PHP, SQL, ASP APIs.
- Strong knowledge and experience using Oracle PI/SQL, Oracle database & Oracle Apex
- Understanding of common network protocols and dynamic routing: IPv4, IPv6, Firewalls, vulnerability scanning and remediation, DNS, DHCP, SSH and network security principals.
- Understanding of Windows servers: Active Directory, Exchange, MS SQL, IIS Power BI and SharePoint.
- Deadline- oriented; must be able to manage time effectively.
- Effective computer skills; Microsoft Office software and other company and discipline specific software applications.
- Ability to build positive relationships and maintain cross-functional partnerships.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours, when needed
- Read, write and understand the English language.
- Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret complex technical documents, work instructions, procedures and manuals.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- CISSP, GSEC, CEH or CISM certifications preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exerting/lifting up to 50 lbs. occasionally and/or 25 lbs. frequently.
- Prolonged sitting; frequent and regular use of hands to operate keyboard and mouse.
- Ability to maneuver in and out of and work in tight cramped areas and the ability to climb ladders.
- Occasional travel may be required; the employee filling this position must be willing to travel on short notice and possibly for extended periods.
The following work environment and characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Standard office environment.
- Occasional exposure to noise, smells, dust and fumes typically associated in an aviation / manufacturing environment.
- General proximity to several industrial hazards including electrical, mechanical and chemical.
- Occasional work at heights upwards to 60 feet.