Naumann/Hobbs is looking for YOU to fill our Industrial Dock & Door Technician position in the Las Vegas, NV area.
We are the largest Material Handling Equipment Company in the Southwest. Naumann/Hobbs Material Handling, Inc. sells, rents, services, and supplies parts on an extensive line of material handling products. We are a staple in the Valley with almost 70 years of business experience and over 100 million in annual sales.
As a Dock and Door Technician, you will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing the installation, maintenance, service and repair of all types of commercial overhead doors, loading dock equipment and warehouse systems.
What you will do:
- Installing and servicing overhead doors, docks, dock levelers, springs, cables, and/or other hardware.
- Installing and servicing other commercial and industrial specialty doors, equipment, and accessories.
- Able to analyze and diagnose problems with mechanical knowledge to repair as needed. (Rolling steel doors, folding, etc.).
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections on warehouse facilities.
- Assist in the tear out and installation of dock levelers as needed.
- Identify opportunities to provide customers with products and services.
- Assuring quality by checking for proper installation, clearance, and balance.
- Providing excellent customer service and responding to customer questions in a truthful and pleasant manner.
- Track and maintain job related paperwork and submitting in a timely manner.
- Operate in safety conscious manner always while performing job duties
Competencies Skills and Abilities:
- Mechanical and Electrical troubleshooting skills required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain a clean motor vehicle record plus the ability to drive multiple hours daily.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Supply own mechanic technician hand tools.
- Ability to read and understand necessary service and training manuals.
- Ability to perform arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Ability to maintain a good understanding of industry innovations and product availability to make recommendations based on customer need.
- Ability to effectively utilize volt, ohm and multi-meters.
- Ability to use stick and/or MIG welder for installation and repair of dock and door equipment.
- Ability to safely operate drills, grinders, presses, forklifts, hoists, overhead cranes, and personal hand tools.
- Such other knowledge, skills, and abilities as are necessary in connection with additionally assigned duties.
- Familiarity with PC (laptop/iPad) applications to diagnose equipment issues.
Education and Experience:
- Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Maintain current driver’s license.
- Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write) in English.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands in a grip motion with the ability to hold and control tools.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to bend, sit, squat, and crawl under equipment, and to ascend & descend a ladder.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop and kneel.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to push and pull up to 75 pounds.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift 50 pounds and to be able to lift and carry 45 pounds.
- The employee must be able to work around fumes, odors, chemicals and/or loud noises.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The employee may be required to operate a forklift with appropriate certification(s).
- This position is designated as a "Safety-Sensitive Position". A Safety-Sensitive Position includes tasks or duties that could affect
- the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and outside weather conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment can range from moderate to a noise level representative of an industrial workspace.
- The employee may be exposed to sunlight as not all work is performed in a covered shop environment.
What will we do for you:
- Positive work environment that encourages growth and offers a work/life balance
- Monday - Friday work week
- Short- and Long-Term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation and Sick time
- Discounts at major retailers and more
Naumann/Hobbs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening check.