EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of commercial space across the United States. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and education sectors.
Job Title: HVAC Technician
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8 hour days, 40 hours per week, evenings and weekends as needed
Compensation Range: Based on experience
Other compensation: This position includes a sign on bonus
Benefits: As a leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction, facilities services, and energy infrastructure, EMCOR Group is committed to its employees. This commitment is embodied in our competitive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, as well as flexible spending accounts, life insurance, disability income, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401(k) Savings Plans, and employee assistance and wellness programs.
Responsible for delivering effective, efficient, and timely delivery of the Company's line of services to multiple customers within an assigned geographic territory. Is provided a company van and tools and travels to a variety of customer sites to maintain commercial properties. In addition to performing minor carpentry, plumbing and electrical maintenance, EMCOR Field Operations HVAC Technicians perform preventative, corrective, and predictive maintenance, troubleshoot and service of commercial HVAC systems. HVAC Technicians perform tests and analysis of data to assure the proper functioning of equipment and provide recommendations as appropriate. Understands control operation, and sequence of operation for commercial HVAC systems. Utilizes multiple trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, and roofing, HVAC, and other skills as needed to solve maintenance problems. Has strong communication skills and is able to foster strong relationships with customers, vendors and team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: % of time spent
- Performs preventative maintenance tasking on all HVAC equipment. Repair and maintenance on all HVAC equipment - 40%
- Responsible for accurate and timely paperwork related to essential duties and responsibilities - 10%
- Ability to read and understand system blueprints, specifications, and performance data to determine configuration and purpose of system components such as compressors, motors, pumps, fans, switches, controls, ducts, or pipes. Inspects system to verify system compliance with plans and specifications and to detect malfunctions in system component parts - 5%
- Opens valves on equipment such as compressors, pumps, and condensers to prepare system for operation and starts equipment and auxiliary machinery. Starts systems, observes operation, reads gauges and instruments, and adjusts mechanisms such as actuators, valves, controls, and pumps to control system operation - 5%
- Monitors Energy Management System - For alarms, out of spec situations, investigates and takes appropriate actions. Responds to associated Hot/Cold temperature complaints. Discusses system malfunctions with users to isolate problems. Records temperature, pressure, and other readings on log sheet at specified intervals - 5%
- Operates refrigerant recovery equipment, vacuum pumps, charging equipment and service gauges. Screws, bolts, rivets, welds, and brazes parts to assemble structural and functional components such as motors, controls, switches, gauges, wiring harnesses, valves, pumps, compressors, condensers, cores, and pipes - 5%
- Installs wiring to connect components to electric power source. Dismantles malfunctioning systems and tests components. Replaces or adjusts defective or worn parts to repair systems - 5%
- Cuts, threads, gas welds, and connects pipe to functional components of HVAC systems. Cuts, bends, crimp sheet metal, install air ducts and associated sheet metal components. Inspects and measures building to determine airflow requirements - 5%
- Installation of complete heat and air conditioning systems. Lubricate fans, motors, and control units. Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical heat and refrigeration systems - 5%
- Maintain, organize, control, inventory supplies, tools, and equipment. Clean and organize shop area. Maintain inventory of spare parts and material. Maintain tools and equipment for maintenance work - 5%
- Attends classes and seminars on air conditioning components and system design to update skills - 5%
- Performs other routine duties as deemed necessary by Site Manager - 5%
- 5 years HVAC/Commercial Maintenance experience including electrical, plumbing, carpentry required; or equivalent combination of training, education, and experience. Any combination of education, training, and experience which demonstrates ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described including related work experience in one or more of the building trades
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization
- Ability to perform various general type maintenance tasks. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence utilizing basic computer skills and ability to communicate via email and internet use
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Knowledge of chiller operations (centrifugal) and various HVAC equipment
- Must have BAS (Building Automation System) experience and working knowledge of energy management systems
- Knowledge of Raised Floor AC systems and perform Preventive Maintenance on HVAC controls and operating systems as scheduled in the Facilities Center System, including required calibrations
- Organization skills to maintain the client facility maintenance records and reports
- Time management skills to coordinate and supervise the client sub-contractors while on site and manage to complete the daily routine tasks assigned
Education: HS diploma or Degree/Certification, or equivalent professional experience in Landscaping, Trades (Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, etc), or Specialty Floor Care, preferred.
- EPA Universal
- Must possess applicable certifications, licenses, and valid driver's license in good standing
Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. Frequently is required to climb or balance. Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is considered normal. Required to drive a company vehicle daily.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.