** Multi-Craft Contractors, Inc.**
** HVAC SERVICE TECHNICIAN**
Springdale, AR 72764
Since 1972, MCC has offered customers and employees the greatest opportunities to succeed. Our reputation is based on the collective skills and abilities of our people. With 1000+ highly qualified craftsmen, MCC has expertise in all project areas. MCC’s experts work across diverse client markets, including government, healthcare, industrial, and education, to offer cost-effective, innovative solutions to meet clients’ requirements. Working with the highest safety standards, we deliver measurable value, increase productivity and improve operational performance.
MCC currently has openings for an HVAC SERVICE TECHNICIAN in our Springdale, AR location. The HVAC Service Technician will service or repair heating and air conditioning systems for commercial and industrial establishments. This position is responsible for delivery of field labor tasking procedures to execute planned service inspections, repair services, equipment installations, and to provide emergency service response coverage per company and customer safety policies and procedures, and established work tasking procedures. The ideal candidate will be a team player who possesses strong problem-solving skills with a minimum 3 years’ experience in HVAC mechanic work, including installation and maintenance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the following Essential Duties satisfactorily. This list is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the Essential Duties of the position, provided it does not create an undue hardship on the Company.
- Ability to diagnose, maintain, adjust, repair, replace and start up HVAC systems and components in a timely manner ensuring 100% customer satisfaction.
- Skilled in locating and repairing refrigerant leaks on HVAC systems.
- Understanding of electrical wiring schematics, working with all electrical components from disconnect throughout equipment.
- Discuss heating or cooling system malfunctions with users to isolate problems or to verify that repairs corrected malfunctions.
- Ensures that all service tasking activities are carried out in compliance with local, state, federal and all United Association requirements.
- Must maintain and record labor hours, service descriptions, and materials on service work order forms for customers and office.
- Responsible for assuring good customer service and organization on the job site.
- Provide feedback in regards to service trends, cost saving opportunities, and customer issues.
- Operate heavy equipment and machinery in the performance of these essential duties.
- Work with and around hazardous materials, as well as at heights and in confined spaces in the performance of these essential duties.
- Drive a vehicle to various jobsites throughout working hours.
- Maintain valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets company policy.
- Work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
- Regular attendance and punctuality are essential for employee job performance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ENVIRONMENT, PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
Exposure to varying indoor and outdoor conditions, loud noise, dust, toxic chemicals and materials, varying fumes or odors; slippery or uneven walking surfaces; and work in ditches/excavations.
Work at heights, such as by working on ladders, scaffolds, platforms, tops of single and multi-story buildings, as well as working in confined spaces such as underneath single story and multi-story buildings.
Must be able to perform manual and repetitive tasks and body movements including standing and/or walking for long periods of time, bending, stooping, climbing, reaching, pulling, pushing, lifting, and carrying.
Ability to stand or climb at least 4-6 hours per day.
Ability to kneel, lift, reaching above shoulders, and bending 4-5 hours per day.
Ability to squat and sit 1-2 hours per day.
Ability to lift weights of 1-100 lbs. in various shapes and sizes from concrete blocks to refrigerant cylinders to 20-foot length of pipe.
Ability to lift weight from floor to shoulder height.
Must be able to complete job duties proficiently while adapting to changing demands and priorities.
Must have the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and concentrate for long periods of time to perform duties in a safe manner.
This position is subject to ergonomic testing.
This position is designated as a safety sensitive position because it includes as part of the job duties operating a motor vehicle, the operating, maintaining, and monitoring of heavy equipment and machinery, and working with and around hazardous materials, at heights, and in confined spaces. This position is one in which a lapse of attention could result in injury, illness, or death. For the safety of the employee and others, the employee must be able to work in a constant state of alertness and concentrate for long periods of time while operating, maintaining, and monitoring heavy equipment and machinery, and while working with and around hazardous materials, at heights, and in confined spaces.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Must have a Universal certification and be able to perform refrigerant recovery and reclaim from refrigeration systems per EPA regulations.
- Knowledge of AC/DC electrical refrigeration/HVAC equipment components.
- Must have an understanding of primary (boilers, chillers, heat exchangers, towers) and secondary (AHU’s pumps, fan coils, water source heat pumps, etc.) heating and cooling HVAC equipment troubleshooting, maintenance tasking and installation requirements.
- All employees must provide and maintain the required tool inventory for this position.
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail with ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans, and manuals.
- Ability to work independently and complete job in a timely manner, making sure job is done correctly the first time.
- Ability to communicate clearly with other employees and customers.
- Ability to work in and operate safety equipment and use safe work practices.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime and non-standard schedule: nights, weekends and holidays as/if required.
- A current valid driver’s license is required.