Job Title: Human Resources Generalist
Classification: Exempt; Full-time; On-Site
Department: Human Resources
Location: Reno, NV
Reports to: Human Resources Director
The Human Resources Generalist provides support to the Human Resources department on all personnel matters. Good knowledge of all functions in the company, a basic understanding of the company’s organizational structure as well as extensive knowledge of payroll processing.
This position performs a variety of advanced and confidential administrative support duties to the Human Resources Director. In addition, this position will provide general office support to the Human Resources department with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks, including mail distribution flow of correspondence, requisition of supplies as well as other clerical duties.
This position entails payroll coordination responsibilities such as processing timesheets, processing payroll, updating payroll records, and answering employee questions about payments.
** This position is On-Site in our facilities located in Reno, NV. **
- Responsible for payroll activities, liaison between the company and third-party payroll administrator.
- Maintains HRIS (ADP) to ensure accurate and up-to-date records are kept for all payroll and employment-related activities.
- Keeps track of hourly rates, wages, compensation benefit rates, new hire information, etc.
- Works with supervisors to gather information on hours worked for each employee and reconcile timekeeping system and records, looking for discrepancies.
- Calculates the correct amount incorporating overtime, deductions, bonuses, etc.
- Helps ensure payroll processes are correct, process year-end reports, ACA 1095s, W2s, etc.,
- Supports process taxes and payment of benefits, issues electronic payments, and distribution of payroll checks
- Receives approval from upper management for payments when needed
- Automates and standardizes reporting and prepares data analysis of KPIs for HR process planning.
- Addresses issues and questions about payroll from employees and superiors
- Provides administrative support to the Human Resources department including other related clerical duties, employee badge administration, company announcements, and communications.
- Updates org chart, tracks KPIs related to workforce planning, and forecasting hiring needs.
- Assists with budget monitoring and expenses, logging receipts, and reporting.
- Prepares and maintains new and existing employee personnel files.
- Supports training, orientations, onboarding, and update records with new hires.
- Helps with new-hire procedures, including organizing employee orientation, creating new employee files, administering employee handbooks, and ensuring all necessary paperwork is properly filled out and sent to appropriate persons.
- Verifies I-9 documentation at the time of hire completes the E-verify process ensuring compliance; maintains the I-9 binders; conducts annual I-9.
- Tracks and processes paperwork requiring signatures and authorizations using internal forms and DocuSign.
- Provides customer service, both in-person and by telephone; screen and directs telephone calls; take and relay messages; answer questions from employees regarding payroll, benefits, PTO, human resources issues, rules, and regulations; respond to employment verification requests.
- Helps with the preparation of the performance review benefit statements.
- Supports learning and development as well as workplace culture initiatives.
- Under the leadership of the HR director, develops into a vital source of human resources information, answering any questions employees may have
- Supports HR Director in educating employees on and enforcing company policies
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates a variety of office equipment including a computer, copier, and fax machine; uses various computer applications such as Microsoft Office, Adobe, and Datto Workplace.
- Possesses well-developed team skills, unquestioned integrity, and the experience, confidence, and presence to effectively handle sensitive HR issues
- Follows all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to the supervisor and/or Human Resources
- The successful candidate must also be a team player with a positive attitude and effective communication skills
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Exercises good judgment and maintains confidentiality in maintaining critical and sensitive information, records, and reports
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices.
- Holds strong knowledge of tax and wage laws.
- Has a good understanding of the common fiscal procedures.
- Communicates clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, and licenses
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to two years of executive administrative support experience required
- Associate degree (AA) or Certificate in Human Resources/or one-year related experience and/or training in the Human Resources field preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) is required
- Experience with ADP Workforce
- Proof of a current, valid driver’s license
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Proficient personal computer skills, including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Well-developed team skills, unquestioned integrity, and the experience, confidence, and presence to effectively handle interpersonal relationships and sensitive HR issues
- Above average oral and written communication skills
- Excellent people skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We adhere to social distancing, daily health assessments, temperature checks, mandatory masks, increased cleaning and sanitation, and overall increased safety measures.