The Human Resources Manager is key member of the Business Unit Team and responsible to provide leadership, management, coordination, support, and administration in all areas of human capital management in order to support achievement of business goals. This is a hands-on position responsible for personal performance of HR generalist responsibilities as well as leadership of the HR function.
Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to payroll administration, talent acquisition, on boarding, performance management, development, and retention; legal and regulatory compliance; human resources information systems management; policy development, deployment, and enforcement; environmental, health, and safety support; benefits administration; and other activities related to the broad topic of human resources.
This position exercises independent judgment, including management-level decisions that support company goals and the welfare of its employees. The highest degree of confidentiality, discretion, and professionalism is mandatory and must be maintained, at all times.
- Demonstrates company values and shares the organizational commitment to ensuring quality products and processes.
- Performs as on-site human resources leader:
- Acts as a communication leader to promote an engaged and empowered workforce that meets company goals; ensures fair and equitable treatment of employees; and ensures consistent application of policies and procedures related to human resources.
- Promotes open-door policy to interact with employees and provides counseling, coaching, and direction as appropriate at all levels in the organization.
- In conjunction with the Director of Human Resources, identifies, develops, implements, and administers policies that support a balance between business goals and employee advocacy while promoting inclusion and compliance with internal and external regulations.
- Administers the time keeping and payroll functions:
- Educates and trains appropriate personnel in all aspects of time keeping policies and administration.
- Ensures that the time keeping process is administered within the parameters of company policies, procedures, and applicable laws on an accurate and timely basis.
- Directs the research and resolution of any discrepancies in time keeping prior to payroll processing.
- Reviews and approves final time keeping reports (after supervisor/management approval) for each payroll, ensuring accuracy and documentation on any deviations from scheduled time.
- Processes the completed time keeping reports in a timely manner through established systems for payroll administration.
- Monitors attendance based on policies and ensures fair and consistent application of disciplinary procedures.
- Continuously reviews the time keeping/payroll process for improvements and manages the implementation of any changes
- Maintains accurate data in payroll and time keeping software.
- Manages the payroll process ensuring accurate and timely transmittal of payroll and compliance with policies and regulations.
- Where applicable, processes supplemental pays such as bonuses, stock options, etc. based on policies, regulations, and deadlines.
- Develops and distributes reports as required or requested to support business needs.
- Completes and processes unemployment claim information, wage reports, garnishments and other payroll-related requests on an accurate and timely basis.
- Manages employee requests for information regarding time keeping and payroll.
- Acts as subject-matter expert in relation to time keeping and payroll processes.
- Manages Employee Information:
- Maintains all employee-related data in accordance with HIPPA privacy, EEO and other regulations and company policy.
- Manages records in accordance with company and regulatory records retention policies, maintaining records storage areas, including archiving and disposal of records.
- Records all appropriate new hire information and changes to employee information through establishing methods in software and employee files, communicating information to other departments as necessary.
- Audits and maintains systems for ensuring accurate and complete records are maintained in the most efficient way possible and in a timely manner.
- Continuously evaluates the use of HR software and expands the fields being used to record additional information as appropriate, particularly fields that are pertinent to required reporting such as affirmative action, I-9, EEO, VETS, etc.
- Participates in and supports all company or external audits as related to employee information (including, but not limited to, training documentation, 401k auditing/testing, etc.)
- Develops reports through HCM software and/or spreadsheets to provide data as necessary.
- Manages activities related to talent acquisition and on boarding to support prompt placement of qualified employees:
- Develops and posts employment ads and uses government resources, recruiters, and/or social media and job boards to source candidates in compliance with affirmative action requirements.
- Maintains accurate data to ensure proper tracking of all candidates, requisitions, advertisements, etc.
- Manages internal job postings and manages the internal applicant process.
- Maintains EEO logs in accordance with government reporting regulations and ensures completion and maintenance of an Affirmative Action Plan.
- Schedules interviews, issues rejection letters, offer letters, and/or communicates with applicants and hiring managers as appropriate; screens candidates to ensure quality talent acquisition.
- Manages the pre-employment screening process including drug screen and physical, ordering all required background screenings.
- Ensures all required information is recorded and all new HR files are created for each new employee in a timely manner.
- Performs new hire orientation, ensuring timely and accurate completion of all paperwork, ensures scheduling and documentation of training.
- Ensures all related processes are legally compliant and participants in the talent acquisition process are properly trained.
- Leads the performance management process.
- Maintains a system of issuing, tracking and retrieving employee performance appraisals and employee feedback forms.
- Follows-up with management and supervision to keep evaluations on track.
- Provides coaching and direction to assist with equitable and meaningful feedback to employees.
- Ensures accuracy and documentation of information related to appraisals and associated compensation information.
- Leads the administration of all company employee benefits programs including, but not limited to, Health Care Benefits, Dental, Life, 401(k), STD, LTD, Paid Time Off, FMLA, etc.:
- Processes all benefit changes to employee information records as appropriate.
- Advises employees of benefits coverage, answers related questions and assists with resolving claims issues.
- Manages the annual open enrollment process.
- Audits and reconciles billing statements and/or benefits reports to payroll to ensure accuracy, resolving discrepancies (if applicable).
- Ensures training of managers/supervisors and others and others and their and adherence to electronic HCM processes.
- Coordinates and ensures appropriate documentation of RTW restriction/release information, communicating with appropriate department manager/supervisor as necessary.
- Manages, implements and participates in Employee Relations activities, including serving as a leader of the Events Teams and Focus Groups, coordinating and organizing various aspects of events/activities.
- Performs month-end and year-end activities related to all areas of responsibility.
Minimum of 5 years (with degree) 10 years (with Associate Degree or no degree) HR background to include coordination of HR activities, payroll administration, employee relations, working knowledge of state and federal employment laws, experience in computerized time keeping and HCM software (preferably ADP Workforce Now and/or Vantage).
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, Organizational Development, Business or a related field.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and decision-making and take a leadership position both formally and informally.
- Highly ethical in all actions and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with all levels of personnel, combined with ability to effectively collaborate and positively influence others.
- Highly proficient MS Office, timekeeping, HCM software and pc skills.
- Strong planning, organizational skills; exceptional detail orientation.
- Good written/verbal communication skills; strongly prefer bilingual (English/Spanish) or willing and able to learn Spanish.
- Ability/desire to learn new skills and technologies.
- Change/continuous improvement-oriented.
- To conform with US export regulations and ITAR 120.15 and EAR Part 772, incumbents for this role must be eligible for any required authorizations from the US government.
Must be able to perform the following physical demands with or without accommodation:
- Speaking and hearing in order to communicate effectively.
- Ability to move around the office and industrial setting safely.
- Ability to perform physical activities related to traveling, such as driving, moving throughout airports, flying – travel approximately 10%
- Sitting for an average of 6-7 hours per day.
- Lifting to an average of 15 pounds on a limited basis.
- Maintaining good personal hygiene and professional appearance.
*Based on an 8-hour Day
Infrequently (I) 1-5%
Occasionally (O) 6-33%
Frequently (F) 34-66%
Constantly (C) 67-100%
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required by the position. They are not to be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees holding this position may be required to perform responsibilities outside of those listed from time-to-time based on business circumstances.
Bruce Aerospace is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer